Check how much you're paying for your Lexis Nexis service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check how much you're paying for your Lexis Nexis service

We have been invoiced by Lexis Nexis for some years for both the General tax service and for the tax news service.

It transpires that the tax news service is included within the General tax service, so we have been paying twice for one service. If you use this service, check your invoices!

Needless to say they are unwilling to credit us for the double payment of previous years. What's the legal position? I appreciate that consumer law isn't as helpful for a company as for an individual.
    The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

I'm not familiar with the service you talk about, or what format it takes; but if you have paid twice you should have received twice; did you?
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

You cannot receive twice for an online research tool...

It's like paying one entry fee to use the entire library and a second entry fee to use one corner of the library - when your main entry fee covers that as well.

Their salesman told me that the two services were different; it took a week for her to confirm that their literature was correct and they were not.
      The contents of this note are neither advice nor a definitive answer. If you plan to rely on this, you should pay somebody for proper advice.

Comment

Grange: LexisNexis is a reputable company. In a slightly similar context, I persuaded it to split-up a packaged contract so as to jettison the [expensive] part that I did not want and to continue only with the smaller part that I did want. Be polite and find a sensible member of staff who will- usually- be prepared to assist you.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X