Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    ...but maybe that's what HMG wants!
    I doubt HMG will want to pass the baton on in such a spectacular fashion... or maybe Crash Gordon wants to pass on a poison chalice?
    Now signature free.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      Hello everyone,
      I have had an offer accepted on a property purchase, subject to a surveyors report of £395,000 in England.

I am currently looking at surveyors but i just wanted to know where i stand in terms of stamp duty, costs etc.

I have phoned 5 different solicitors
      10-08-2022, 19:20 PM
    • Reply to SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      Well after emailing and chatting to around 20 solicitors and accountants i finally found someone who specializes in these matters.

Took a lot of time and effort but instead of over £21,000+ its actually £9,250 which is a saving of £12k, phew just shows you that many solicitors have little...
      13-08-2022, 18:25 PM
    • Sunday Times Report 7 Aug 2022 ( on Welsh holiday lets.)
      by Gordon999
      This report was about a retired solicitor living in Cardiff , with 2 holiday lets in Solva , Pembrokeshire. His properties only let for around 18 weeks a year but Welsh Government require 26 weeks letting to qualify for business rates. The increase in council tax to treble rate compared to rate...
      13-08-2022, 17:22 PM
    • Giving/Gifting House to Kids
      by Tony-Edwards
      Elderly parents in early 80s, one in not so good health.

Lived in the same home (no mortgage etc) for 50+ years - now worth approx £180,000 - £200,000 and they have minimal savings.

Looking ahead, if one has to go into care (or council provided home care) I understand there...
      11-08-2022, 11:12 AM
    • Reply to Giving/Gifting House to Kids
      by gnvqsos
      Did the labouring job jeopardise his position at Royal Mail? lt is strange no contingency fund was taken on holiday.. I don't think it makes sense to purchase, and insure/maintain a camper van to save on 7 days accommodation.The typical cost including depreciation exceeds £1500 pa...
      13-08-2022, 14:54 PM
    • Reply to Expense Categories
      by theartfullodger
      The old saw was that you had 3 sets of accounts....
      ​​​​​​- one for yourself
      - 2nd for tax man
      - 3rd for wife/husband/partner
      How does your chosen software handle this?...
      13-08-2022, 12:14 PM
    • Expense Categories
      by philrosenberg
      I'm just in the process of buying my first property as a Ltd company and I have gotten FreeAgent accounting software free with my bank account.

I have a list of categories to assign to my expenses, but they aren't all that relevant to residential property businesses. I wondered if others...
      13-08-2022, 10:53 AM
    • Reply to Higher rate LTT or not?
      by AddictedMonster
      Thank you very much. I appreciate the information.
      13-08-2022, 12:04 PM
    • Higher rate LTT or not?
      by AddictedMonster
      Hi my partner and I are looking to sell one of our rentals and our residential property and buy a larger property.

I'm confused whether we will be charged the higher rate land transaction tax due to owning a third property that we own that will not be sold as of yet. It was our previous...
      13-08-2022, 11:26 AM
    • Reply to Expense Categories
      by AndrewDod
      What you record for your own purposes is up to you, but for purposes of tax return, for just one property, and rent < 80K, can just pop it all into "Other expenses" - so long as you can resurrect it when HMRC audits you.

At least that applies to individual self assessment,...
      13-08-2022, 11:57 AM
    Working...
    X