SDLT - holiday home 1/2 share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDLT - holiday home 1/2 share

Hi all- I'm in the process of selling my primary residency abroad to move to the UK. In addition to my primary residence, I have a half share with my sister in a holiday home gifted to us by our parents some years ago. The holiday home at the date of transfer was worth about £70,000 so my share of that was £35,000. It would have increased in value since then slightly. Do you know if the 3% surcharge is applicable in this situation? Thanks

Its the buyer which pay the sdlt before registration at Land Registry. If you are selling, its not your problem.

Comment

Sorry, to clarify, I'm in the process of selling my primary residency abroad to buy in the UK. I didn't make that clear.

Comment

The 3% extra sdlt is payable if your already have a property held under your name. I think the tax man doesn't care if its only a holiday home but you can ask the tax office to explain.

Home owners moving to another property and not yet sold existing home , will pay the extra 3% sdlt but can reclaim the 3% extra sdlt within 3 years of purchase if old main residence is sold. But you should check with a conveyancing law firm

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X