Should I purchase my next buy to let via company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I purchase my next buy to let via company?

Afternoon,

I want to purchase another buy to let. I currently own one outright personally. Reading different websites about the new 3% buy to let charge on new purchases and how to get around the issues i'm still slightly confused.

If i set up a ltd company and purchase one buy to let with cash (my loan to the company) do i have to pay the new 3% buy to let tax on top of the standard SDLT?

Many thanks in advance

Kev

Yes you will have to pay the extra 3% SDLT. Ltd companies are NOT excluded.

Comment

Yes, company buying residential property pays the extra 3%

http://www.mortgagesolutions.co.uk/n...y-budget-2016/

You have to bargain harder with the seller and offer 3% less .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!
        by GeeMan16966
        Thanks, that helps a lot.
        06-06-2020, 15:14 PM
      • Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!
        by GeeMan16966
        Just joined PMC as Director and CS and on checking the documents handed to me for storage, there is a massive gap from 2010 to now! I have managed to find through other directors the meetings minutes for the past 9 years, however I am struggling to be given the full accounts. When I ask, I am told I...
        05-06-2020, 13:30 PM
        by Gordon999
        If you are listed as director and officer of the company, you can request any information going back 6 years....
        06-06-2020, 11:57 AM
        by GeeMan16966
        The directors changed in 2014 and then got
        Total exemption small company accounts
        Been filing Micro accounts since - as a shareholder and Company Secretary and director am I entitled to see the bank statements if they do not have full accounts?...
        06-06-2020, 10:27 AM
        by GeeMan16966
        Thank you.
        06-06-2020, 10:09 AM
      • Reply to Moving Back Into Let House
        by AndrewDod
        No you can't do that. If the tenant actually broke stuff and you sort it before the tenancy ends, then maybe. At the start of putting a property out to rent you can make tax related expense claims - you can't have a double bite, fixing it for yourself at the other end....
        05-06-2020, 21:55 PM
      • Moving Back Into Let House
        by Sentaiwarrior
        Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with advice.

I used to live in my own house. I moved for work a few years ago and let my house (with consent to let).

I'm planning to move back into my house which is currently still let. I've given the tenant three...
        05-06-2020, 20:16 PM
      • Reply to Moving Back Into Let House
        by ash72
        The wear and tear allowance has been removed so you could expense the actual costs of the items as an expense, on a like for like basis, only if you are then renting it out, if it is returning back to a residential property then you couldn't.
        05-06-2020, 20:30 PM
      • Accountancy Fees
        by mmooney
        Hi Folks,

Looking for some general advice. I own 5 BTL properties individually and have 3 BTL properties as a LTD Company. My tax returns are relatively straight forward and I was thinking to do my own tax returns this year. My account charged me GBP1500 for the return for my Ltd Company,...
        05-06-2020, 07:23 AM
      • Reply to Accountancy Fees
        by Gordon999
        I think its better for Ltd companies to have their annual accounts done by chartered accountant. Very difficult to get any bank loan without showing certified accounts.
        05-06-2020, 18:33 PM
      Working...
      X