New stamp duty rules more complex than I thought!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaxationPete
    replied
    It is 36 months not 18 months time limit. Regards Peter

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Except that isn't actually the case - which is what the first post points out.

There's no branch on the flow chart that says Did you sell your main residence before November 2015?

Leave a comment:

• BikerJoe
    replied
    Hi Guys, my first post

Not sure why there is confusion over this, the wording on the uk.gov website is pretty clear:

The higher rates will apply to most purchases of additional residential properties in England, Wales and Northern Ireland where, at the end of the day of the transaction, individual purchasers own two or more residential properties and are not replacing their main residence
    They even have flow chart to follow...

SDLT-diagram.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    and a lot of companies must have underpaid their UK taxes and reported their profit in another offshore tax centre . e.g amazon

Leave a comment:

• LondonSW
    replied
    Astonishing...never read before; a lot of people must have overpaid!

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    started a topic New stamp duty rules more complex than I thought!

New stamp duty rules more complex than I thought!

I must admit I don't remember reading about this aspect of the new rules and may have given people the wrong advice! See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/news/...verpaid-13000/

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!
    by GeeMan16966
    Just joined PMC as Director and CS and on checking the documents handed to me for storage, there is a massive gap from 2010 to now! I have managed to find through other directors the meetings minutes for the past 9 years, however I am struggling to be given the full accounts. When I ask, I am told I...
    05-06-2020, 13:30 PM
  • Reply to Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!
    by GeeMan16966
    Thanks, that helps a lot.
    06-06-2020, 15:14 PM
    by Gordon999
    If you are listed as director and officer of the company, you can request any information going back 6 years....
    06-06-2020, 11:57 AM
    by GeeMan16966
    The directors changed in 2014 and then got
    Total exemption small company accounts
    Been filing Micro accounts since - as a shareholder and Company Secretary and director am I entitled to see the bank statements if they do not have full accounts?...
    06-06-2020, 10:27 AM
    by GeeMan16966
    Thank you.
    06-06-2020, 10:09 AM
  • Moving Back Into Let House
    by Sentaiwarrior
    Hi.

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with advice.

I used to live in my own house. I moved for work a few years ago and let my house (with consent to let).

I'm planning to move back into my house which is currently still let. I've given the tenant three...
    05-06-2020, 20:16 PM
  • Reply to Moving Back Into Let House
    by AndrewDod
    No you can't do that. If the tenant actually broke stuff and you sort it before the tenancy ends, then maybe. At the start of putting a property out to rent you can make tax related expense claims - you can't have a double bite, fixing it for yourself at the other end....
    05-06-2020, 21:55 PM
  • Reply to Moving Back Into Let House
    by ash72
    The wear and tear allowance has been removed so you could expense the actual costs of the items as an expense, on a like for like basis, only if you are then renting it out, if it is returning back to a residential property then you couldn't.
    05-06-2020, 20:30 PM
  • Accountancy Fees
    by mmooney
    Hi Folks,

Looking for some general advice. I own 5 BTL properties individually and have 3 BTL properties as a LTD Company. My tax returns are relatively straight forward and I was thinking to do my own tax returns this year. My account charged me GBP1500 for the return for my Ltd Company,...
    05-06-2020, 07:23 AM
  • Reply to Accountancy Fees
    by Gordon999
    I think its better for Ltd companies to have their annual accounts done by chartered accountant. Very difficult to get any bank loan without showing certified accounts.
    05-06-2020, 18:33 PM
Working...
X