revenue expense for decoration

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    revenue expense for decoration

    Am re-decorating one of my BTL property (1st time! diy'er) . I have bought decorating item/tools like drill, steamer, screwdriver sets etc. Would it be tax deductible.It has been/would be used only for BTL business.

    I have come across lot of pages telling about what can be claimed (mileage, stationery, repairs etc) but none lists tools purchased to repair.

    I put all those items down.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.


    Latest Activity


    • Reply to Corporation Tax
      by Thurrock1

      the other directors can't withhold information from them - I am my husband's agent as he has dyslexia and has difficulty with all this. This has been explained to the director but he does not like me and chooses not to recognise in that case anything I/my husband writes.
      25-11-2021, 09:39 AM
    • Reply to Corporation Tax
      by jpkeates
      If your husband is a director, the other directors can't withhold information from them; unless there are some very specific rules in the company articles - and they wouldn't normally be appropriate in a property development business (which are usually set up with boilerplate documentation).
      24-11-2021, 18:36 PM
    • Corporation Tax
      by Thurrock1
      Hi, Please can someone tell me if Corporation Tax only becomes payable to the IR on sale of an asset.
      My husband is a director of a property development company - there are only 3 directors.
      He wants to leave and there is no communication with the other directors and it is difficult to get...
      23-11-2021, 19:15 PM
    • Reply to Corporation Tax
      by theartfullodger
      IR (The Inland Revenue) were dissolved April 2005. Advise against sending them payments....
      24-11-2021, 17:50 PM
    • Reply to Corporation Tax
      by Thurrock1
      Thanks Gordon999. I have been phoning around about this today. This is a property development Ltd co. it had problems and so in 5 years only managed to develop 1 property - a house into flats. My husband owns one third of the company.

      It is not being sold. The other directors need to...
      24-11-2021, 17:47 PM
    • Reply to Corporation Tax
      by Gordon999
      The company pay CT on the "trading profit" reported in the annual accounts.( which are filed annually at Companies House).

      After the asset (the building) has been sold, the trading profit will be reported in the next annual accounts by accountant and CT will be payable to...
      24-11-2021, 11:33 AM
    • Reply to Student HMO and Holiday let
      by Neelix
      In most areas student houses don't pay council tax ....... move in a "non student" and Council tax will apply
      18-11-2021, 07:54 AM
    • Student HMO and Holiday let
      by lewis593
      Hello everyone. Can I rent my 4 bed property to students and holiday makers at the same time? For example 3 bedrooms will be used for students and 1 bedroom will be used as a holiday let. Would this have any tax/council tax implications? Would it be classed as a holiday let and be liable for business...
      17-11-2021, 19:54 PM
    • Reply to Student HMO and Holiday let
      by nukecad
      Flag any of your posts (the little flag at the bottom of them) and ask the moderator if he can change the name for you....
      17-11-2021, 23:00 PM
    • Reply to Student HMO and Holiday let
      by lewis593
      Can I rent my air b and b property to students?
      17-11-2021, 20:34 PM