Need accountant to do tax returns and deal with letter from HMRC

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Need accountant to do tax returns and deal with letter from HMRC

    Hi all,

    Only second post - so be gentle in my innocence!

    Can you please recommend someone that you trust and reasonable priced? Do they need to live near me so I can do it all by phone and email?

    Thank you.

    This is the internet, so "near" you is going to require guesswork.

    Find a local accountant you feel comfortable with.
    I phoned round three or four having looked at where they were (usually a high street above shops), their web site and guessed at the size.
    Half the people I called didn't get back quickly, so I crossed them off the list.
    Met with two of them, was going to be three, but number two hit the target, spotted a couple of things I was doing wrong and told me before I'd even made any commitment.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      There are many accountant firms advertising their services on LZ website. I suggest you look at 2-3 firms quoting for service suitable for your situation and not too far away from your home.


      Latest Activity