Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGT question on selling both residential and BTL

Hi there,

I would like to ask how much I have to pay for CGT if I sell in the financial year 2016-2017 both my residential home AND my 1 BTL property.

As I am always lived in my residential flat, I guess I do not have to pay anything on disposal of it.
    The BTL flat was bought for £195k and it will be sold for £270k.
    My personal income for the financial year 2016/2017 will approximately be £25k.

According with the calculations I did, I shouldn't pay any CGT on the sale of my residential flat and around £17500 CGT on the sale of my BTL.

Is anyone able to confirm that my calculation is correct and that the total of CGT is around the figure of £17500?

Thanks for the advice!

Sounds about right.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Actually £16,154. However you have not accounted for any acquisition costs or SDLT or sales and legal fees. Does the £25K include your rental profit. Regards Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter, I think I could deduct the stamp duty amount I spent when I bought the BTL and also my solicitor fee perhaps?...... yes £25K does include my rental profit for next year...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X