Declaration of trust template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no requirement for a solicitor to be involved in many legal transactions.
    However, a) you lose the advantage of professional liability insurance in the event of an error and b) if people sign a document that disadvantages them without access to legal advice it might be challenged.

Property transactions have lots of rules and most solicitors buy in checklists to ensure everything is done in the right process and sequence. Even they don't do it themselves

In this case, as per Mr Dod, on the face of it, what you're trying to do is simply impossible, so I'd imagine you'd not find a solicitor who would create such a document.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by CaveMan View Post
      If you have one that matches what a lawyer would write then what's the difference?
      Not a perfect analogy, but consider this: My wife went to the doctor with a headache and he gave here these pills. I have a headache. I don't need to go to the doctor, I'll take some of my wife's pills.

The problem here is that although the document needed may be straightforward you need to be sure you have the right document.

Going back a stage, if contemplating a tax saving exercise you need to know (a) if what you are doing is advisable i.e. tax saving should not be the only consideration, (b) the best way of achieving your objective, and (c) how to achieve it. Like many things it is straightforward when it is straightforward, but do you know if it is straightforward? Another imperfect analogy: There is no problem in knocking down a non-loadbearing wall, but are you sure it is a non-loadbearing wall?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X