UK Tax changes on UK rental income - Restricting entitlement to the personal allowanc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    The treasury announced a consultation on that, but it hasn't happened yet.

Google tells me that it's been postponed until 2017 at the earliest, but I can't find any official statement to that effect.

Leave a comment:

• loanarranger
    replied
    kathekas , I feel the advice given in another internet forum to your exact query does explain the situation so far as current understandings are concerned.

"The reference to an expat not being able to use a personal allowance against UK source rental income is not strictly accurate.

What I suspect is being suggested (as mentioned by Globaltaxadviser) is the withdrawal of personal allowances for some (not all) non-residents
    in which case there wouldn't be a personal allowance to set against any UK source income (not just rental income)."

Leave a comment:

• UK Tax changes on UK rental income - Restricting entitlement to the personal allowanc

I have read in one of the Expat Magazine that from 5th April 2015 my UK personal tax allowance can no longer be used against rental income from rental properties.

Please can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X