Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon999
    replied
    See hmrc guide on expenses incurred before start of letting : http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/pimmanual/pim2505.htm

Its an expense chargeable after start of letting and so therefore can be allowed if incurred before start of letting.

Leave a comment:

• lawson
    replied
    Hi does that mean as the house was ready to rent prior to the freeholder (at the time) causing me issues i can claim for that period as well as it would have been rented if i didnt have to go through purchasing the the freehold (something i didnt plan on doing)

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    If the flat was ready and available to let, you can claim the council tax expenses for the period whilst waiting for a tenant.

Leave a comment:

• lawson
    started a topic First Tax return

First Tax return

Im just getting my head around my first tax return and completing it shortly, my question is the house i rent out would have been marketed prior to its original marketing date if it wasn't for the freeholder playing hard ball and me subsequently having to buy the freehold prior to renting the house.

Can i claim for the council tax, bills etc for that period of it being"empty" as it was a 6 month void prior to it being rented?

I know i cant claim for buying the freehold.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X