Unfurnished properties with white goods - renewals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfurnished properties with white goods - renewals

Please can anyone help me with a question on white goods. A property was purchased for buy to let including white goods - The washing machine and tumble dryer were replaced whilst the property was tenanted. The property was rented out as being unfurnished.
    Should I have claimed for these new appliances as replacements or do I haveto wait until they are subsequently replaced?

Any advices would be appreciated

I believe that due to a rule change, you can only claim for them if the replacements were bought before 5th April 2013.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
      I believe that due to a rule change, you can only claim for them if the replacements were bought before 5th April 2013.
      Thank you, I now remember spotting an article about the changes, but unfortunately forgot about it.

I have just replaced a cooker in another property within the last month to make it more attractive to rent out.

My concern was the fact that the white goods in this instance were purchased as part of the household inventory and as such I don't have individual receipts to prove this. Just the receipts for the renewals. Will this keep the tax man happy?

Comment

Originally posted by NHR View Post
        Will this keep the tax man happy?
        Others may correct me, but I would have thought so.
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X