Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmo - Multiple Dwelling For Sdlt?

Hi
    I would like to know would an HMO (4 unrelated students sharing 4bedrooms kitchen and dinner) be considered multiple dwelling for Sdlt relief.

No, I do not believe so.
    I can take no responsibility for the use of any free comments given, any actions taken are the sole decision of the individual in question after consideration of my free comments.

That also means I cannot share in any profits from any decisions made!

Comment

The chance of 4 students sharing dinner is remote. They all come in and out at such funny times.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Phlash View Post
        No, I do not believe so.
        Could you point me to any documentation on this matter?

Comment

A call out to anyone. Im trying to find something on this on the www but havent found a dickie bird as of yet. Im sure someone has come across this. Is an HMO considered/not considered multiple dwellings for Sdlt multiple dwellings relief.

Comment

If you want to know exactly, try Finance Act 2003 s116(2)(b), which pulls student residential accommodation as a 'dwelling' and within Finance Act 2003 s116(1)(a).

Thus, I believe, for SDLT purposes the HMO is considered a single dwelling and cannot be 'carved up' to lower the transaction values.
            I can take no responsibility for the use of any free comments given, any actions taken are the sole decision of the individual in question after consideration of my free comments.

That also means I cannot share in any profits from any decisions made!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X