Credit Expert Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Expert Report

I pay a monthly subscription to credit expert to monitor my credit so I can obtain a mortgage when ready. Is this a allowable expense as it is for business ?

Thanks

I shouldn't think so - I'd be really surprised if you can!

Comment

Agree with claymore, Not sure why you think it assists you obtains a mortgage in any event.

A lot of these reports are sold very heavily based on fear.

I have been offered them in the past and always declined and I never have any problems

Comment

Ending should say getting a mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlandlord View Post
          Ending should say getting a mortgage.
          I use it once a year or 6mths or so to make sure that there's nothing silly on my account (credit agreements not in my name, incorrectly recorded missed payments etc).

So far, I've taken advantage of free trials, but I'd have no problem paying a few quid every 6-12 mths to make sure it's all ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlandlord View Post
            Agree with claymore, Not sure why you think it assists you obtains a mortgage in any event.

A lot of these reports are sold very heavily based on fear.

I have been offered them in the past and always declined and I never have any problems
            I believe one of the things you do when applying for a mortgage is make sure you do not have any bad marks on your credit. And to do this you get your credit report.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Mortgage arrangement fees
              Laurasplog
              I am aware that remortgage arrangement fees etc. can be counted as an allowable expense, and I am also aware that purchase costs of a new property cannot be counted as an allowable expense.

I cannot find out if the mortgage arrangement fees for a new BTL property can be counted as an allowable...
              28-07-2017, 20:28 PM
            • Reply to Mortgage arrangement fees
              jpkeates
              If it's a personal purchase, they're allowable (they're allowable for a business too, just differently) - is the business already in being, with the new property being added to an existing portfolio, or is this the first property of a new business?
              29-07-2017, 09:57 AM
            • Rental losses and S24
              Sandi
              Hi All

I have large rental losses brought forward and just wondered how they interact with the new S24 legislation.

I am concerned that the way the calculation will work means that I effectively do not get any relief for this years mortgage interest.

if anyone...
              29-07-2017, 08:20 AM
            • Reply to Rental losses and S24
              jpkeates
              Carried forward losses, if applied, reduce income (the loss is a cost).
              I don't really see how that interacts with the changes in interest relief, though.
              29-07-2017, 09:55 AM
            • First Time Self-Assessment: Help please
              Matt_J
              Hi All,

I am in the process of registering for Self-assessment to declare the income and pay the tax on my property for tax year 16/17.

I understand I don't actually need to do this until October 17 but I need to do now as I need to borrow against my residential mortgage, and...
              26-07-2017, 12:06 PM
            • Reply to First Time Self-Assessment: Help please
              jpkeates
              It's not beyond challenge, as married couples are taxed individually, but it's probably fine.
              Tax follows beneficial ownership, and if your finances are pretty much all merged it should be fine.

Normally any attempt to keep finances separate works the other way, as one person tries...
              29-07-2017, 09:51 AM
            • Reply to First Time Self-Assessment: Help please
              tatemono
              for the record, I've been filing returns since 1998 and have never been asked for receipts. I still keep them though and I do this electronically by scanning everything into the relevant folders for each property. I also keep a separate record of income and expenses in Excel as they occur and the spreadsheet...
              28-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Jointly Owned by married couple
              scampicat
              Hi, my husband and I own our investment property 50-50 tenants-in-common. No mortgage. We are Pensioners, each claiming a SRP and Occupational Pension.

Can I fill in the Self-Assessment form with all the income and expenses in my name (as I will have to pay far less tax than him), or...
              05-06-2017, 07:37 AM
            • Reply to Jointly Owned by married couple
              jpkeates
              If your husband is joining the mortgage, not just the title, that does make more sense, and will cause the problem outlined by the lender.
              Your husband is basically paying half the mortgage liability for a tiny percentage of the property.

You could talk to a solicitor to see if there's...
              28-07-2017, 07:58 AM
            • Reply to Jointly Owned by married couple
              ddq
              This is progress. I went to lender, they are happy to charge small fee to add partner on mortgage. But their personal advice is as it's joint mortgage, HMRC will deem it as 50% of mortgage balance for stamp duty. It's about 100k so 0+3%. I have 2 options (1) pay off the mortgage then add partner then...
              28-07-2017, 06:46 AM
            Working...
            X