Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a Ltd Company

Hi

I think it could make sense for me to start a Ltd company. Is there any benefit to buying a company 'of the shelf' as opposed to choosing my own name and registering the company from scratch?

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Many thanks
    Claymore

Have managed to answer my own question :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bandontherun
      I'd recommend buying a limited company off the shelf and then filing an application to the Registrar of Companies to change the name
      What are your reasons for this?

My own conclusion was to start from scratch as it can only take a few hours on line and is cheaper than paying to change the name. Also, my research found that any previous Directors/Owners would always be linked to the company.

Would be good to understand your thoughts on this.

Many thanks
      Claymore

Comment

A few hours??? I created a Ltd company a few weeks ago and it took 30 mins and cost very little off the shelf ones cost hundreds of pounds and it takes just as long to change the names as to create the company! It is all done on line and the cert of incorporation is sent as a pdf!
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I would agree with Island Girl and Claymore. It is not difficult and much much cheaper than off the shelf company.
          Companies House are also amazingly helpful if you have difficulties.

Comment

Many thanks.

I will start a Company up on line.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to CGT and income
              by Gordon999
              The capital gains Tax form SA108 is submitted after sale of property .

https://assets.publishing.service.go...sa108-2022.pdf
              07-07-2022, 11:38 AM
            • CGT and income
              by slopemaster
              Considering selling our rental property and trying to estimate how much CGT is due. We are both basic rate tax payers and the gain from the property will take us into higher rate, so the amount of tax we pay will depend on income for that year – it does vary year to year. I presume the relevant income...
              06-07-2022, 05:47 AM
              by slopemaster
              Thank you all
              06-07-2022, 14:47 PM
              by Lesney Park
              Yes

You do, or better an accountant but essentially you report and pay the gain at HMRC https://www.gov.uk/report-and-pay-yo...r-6-april-2020 estimating what you need to, and then report it again essentially in your tax return...
              06-07-2022, 08:34 AM
              by jpkeates
              You estimate your income for this year and declare and pay the tax accordingly.
              When you complete your tax return for the tax year, the figures are adjusted then....
              06-07-2022, 08:27 AM
              by theartfullodger
              60 days not 2 months.
              06-07-2022, 07:50 AM
            • SDLT and first time buyers
              by mpppen
              Hello again.

Just wondering if someone can advise.

If I sell a BTL to my children who do not own their own property, I understand that they'll get the stamp duty relief.... two questions then.

If they're buying the £350,000 jointly, does the relief count for...
              03-07-2022, 21:52 PM
            • Reply to SDLT and first time buyers
              by DoricPixie
              How old are these children if they have yet to go to university?...
              04-07-2022, 22:50 PM
              by jpkeates
              If the buyers are going to rent the property while they go to university, it may meet the criteria for Stamp Duty Relief but it may not.
              It would be unusual for siblings leaving university to be able to commit to cohabit in a particular place when they graduate.

There's obviously...
              04-07-2022, 15:14 PM
              by AndrewDod
              Apart from anything else, if you are selling the property to the kids, you are getting cash and they have a 100% mortgage - and then they are not actually paying a mortgage on 100% of 350K you will be paying it -- it is not a classic GROB, but risks falling foul of GROB rules - so when you die, even...
              04-07-2022, 14:45 PM
            Working...
            X