TAX YEAR end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAX YEAR end

Will HMRC accept if I use 31st March as the cut off point for the year end instead of 5th April. As rent is due on 1st of each month it would make it easier as i would not have to apportion the 5 days rent for April.

I am not a company - just single landlord.
    Thanks

Depends on the Inspector...
    I can take no responsibility for the use of any free comments given, any actions taken are the sole decision of the individual in question after consideration of my free comments.

That also means I cannot share in any profits from any decisions made!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Transfer to Ltd Company & SDLT
      AJ1
      Afternoon All,

After much help from reading this forum I finally have question.

I am just in the process of completing the transfer of my BTL into a ltd company.

My solicitor has settled my personal mortgage and then taken out the new mortgage in the name of the...
      17-01-2018, 14:35 PM
    • Reply to Transfer to Ltd Company & SDLT
      AJ1
      Thank you, solicitors just confirmed its market value... damm. Never mind. Although I budgeted the SDLT anyway. Thank you again.
      17-01-2018, 15:35 PM
    • Reply to Transfer to Ltd Company & SDLT
      KTC
      Whichever you go with, make sure they both have adequate professional indemnity insurance in place.

Market value. (s53 Finance Act 2003)
      17-01-2018, 15:12 PM
    • VAT on professional fees - commercial to residential planning application
      Dan_Manchester
      Evening all,

We have recently submitted a planning application to convert a small commercial unit in a couple of new apartments. As I understand it the building work will be zero-rated for VAT as we are creating dwellings were none were previously.

The planners have requested...
      16-01-2018, 20:20 PM
    • Short tax return
      samsam
      I have one letting property. I have always used a short tax return which has been fine for giving totals of rent and costs inc mortgage interest. Now that the allowance for mortgage interest is reducing by 25% every year how do I show the figures? Whichever tax return I use, do I do the calculations...
      16-01-2018, 14:40 PM
    • Reply to Short tax return
      theartfullodger
      Apologies, I failed to include Theresa's link:
      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rn-notes-sa210

Just done my draft submission: In a state of shock regarding estimated payment required 31/01/2018.
      16-01-2018, 16:26 PM
      samsam
      Sorry artful, I don't understand why you are asking me that. I haven't checked against Thersa's document (what is that?). I just want to know how I show the reduced mortgage interest claim against profit.
      Thanks
      Sam
      16-01-2018, 16:14 PM
      theartfullodger
      When you checked against Theresa's document here, what did you conclude? What total profit & what total rental income please?
      16-01-2018, 14:50 PM
    • How to tax expenses and interest in joint house (husband/wife)
      Alice88
      Hello.

I need some advice so please for help.

My husband has bought a house (BTL), the title and the mortgages are in his sole name.
      Then he has split the house 90%-10% (DoT) in my favor, the mortgage hasn't been change.
      We've sent Form 17 to HMRS but haven't notified...
      14-01-2018, 05:54 AM
    • Reply to How to tax expenses and interest in joint house (husband/wife)
      Gordon999
      If the property is registered under both names ( H & W) as " joint tenants" at Land Registry, both tenants have legal entitlement to the property. The Tax Office will assume the joint income is shared 50:50 and each person must declare 50% income in their tax return. The Tax Office...
      15-01-2018, 23:05 PM
    Working...
    X