Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax return and self assessment form?

Hi

Please can you remind me which tax assessment form needs to completed once a property has been let and the deadline for this to be submitted?

thank you

An SATR and S105 property pages. End October :
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/deadlines-penalties.htm
    Regards Peter

Comment

Originally posted by TaxationPete View Post
      An SATR and S105 property pages. End October :
      http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/deadlines-penalties.htm
      Regards Peter
      Thanks- However if I submit it on-line is the deadline 31st juanuary 2010?

Comment

Typo SA105. Check http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/forms/corrections0809.htm
        for changes to these forms. Yes you can do it online by 31st January. Regards Peter

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Accounts
          by Another Fine Mess
          I do all my rental accounts on a spreadsheet and at the end of the year I just hand them to my accountant who does my Self-Assessment form and I get charged £200 plus....
          09-08-2022, 12:03 PM
        • Accounts
          by jase222
          Hi
          i recently changed accountant and the previous accountant I put all my expenses down on a spreadsheet which worked well for years, but now my new accountant want me to use cloud software which is going to be a struggle.
          Does anyone have a recommendation for a basic easy to use software!...
          30-07-2022, 15:32 PM
        • Reply to Inheritance tax Open Market Vakue
          by flyingfreehold
          even with an RICS' firm's valuation, if the valuers at HMRC think it low they will still challenge it. Ive just dealt with an estate the valuation date for which was during lockdown, and with extensive tenanted interests. The RICS firm arrived at their figure by a completely different methodology...
          07-08-2022, 18:40 PM
        • Inheritance tax Open Market Vakue
          by Bengt Lagander
          Is a red book valuation an "open market value"?

the Red Book, the RICS manual for valuers, the open market value ("OMV") is the best price obtainable in a transaction completed on the date of death.

Is this the correct definition please?
          07-08-2022, 11:33 AM
          by Neelix
          A written valuation for probate from an estate agent or 2

then after it’s sold you need to declare the actual value it sold for
          07-08-2022, 12:54 PM
          by Gordon999
          For assessing property value for estate tax, you would approach 2 or more surveyor firms for their valuation and choose the one who gives the lowest valuation.
          07-08-2022, 12:45 PM
        • Stamp duty question
          by Kekdal
          Hi Gurus,
          I am trying to figure out if I need to pay the 2nd stamp duty.
          I am buying a property which would be my main residence.
          I currently live in a property that I pay rent for as a tenant.
          However I own another property which I had bought to live in and had paid the lower...
          03-08-2022, 09:53 AM
        • Reply to Stamp duty question
          by Kekdal
          Thanks everyone I took professional advise from a qualified lawyer who confirmed that in my case I can't enjoy a lower rate. I kind of knew the answer but was clutching on straws . My oversimplified interpretation based on his advise is: HMRCs logic is if you have more than one property you pay higher...
          04-08-2022, 09:18 AM
          by DoricPixie
          The manual is clear, Kekdal will not be able to claim a refund if the BTL is disposed of after purchasing the new home. I don't know the circumstances the other posters to which you refer but they cannot be the same as Kekdal's as they would not be due a refund.

I don't think it would be...
          04-08-2022, 05:44 AM
          by jpkeates
          I used to believe that as well - the HMRC manuals are pretty clear about the situation in my view.

Which made the surcharge rules a real trap for anyone who owned a let property (maybe for some years) and, who then wanted to buy a home of their own).
          But some people claim to have...
          03-08-2022, 13:42 PM
        Working...
        X