Living in France- French tax on UK property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in France- French tax on UK property?

Would anyone have experience of living in France and renting out property in England with regard to taxation. My wife and I receive Income from three properties that we let in England. We have been told that we will have to register this part-time business in France as a “loueur en meublé professionnel” If not we could in the future be liable to “Wealth Tax”. However, we would have to pay the minimum social security payments if we register as a firm. We are told if we can register with a similar association in England we may not have to register in France. Would anyone have any experience on these matters? Or on general Taxation when moving to France?

Originally posted by John Page
    Would anyone have experience of living in France and renting out property in England with regard to taxation. My wife and I receive Income from three properties that we let in England. We have been told that we will have to register this part-time business in France as a “loueur en meublé professionnel” If not we could in the future be liable to “Wealth Tax”. However, we would have to pay the minimum social security payments if we register as a firm. We are told if we can register with a similar association in England we may not have to register in France. Would anyone have any experience on these matters? Or on general Taxation when moving to France?
    Sorry, noy my cup of tea.

Ramnik
    Private advice is available for a fee by sending a private message.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X