hmrc form 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmrc form 17

Hi. When sending form 17 to hmrc do i need to send the original declaration of trust or will a copy of the declaration suffice?

Send a copy of DOT with Form 17 . Read the instructions

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Giving/Gifting House to Kids
      by jpucng62
      Two points:

1. Why should the tax payer pick up the bill for the parents care if they have assets? I really don't understand this point of view.

2. I would rather pay for my care and get a choice than rely on the Council & get possible a worse standard of care.
      12-08-2022, 09:53 AM
    • Giving/Gifting House to Kids
      by Tony-Edwards
      Elderly parents in early 80s, one in not so good health.

Lived in the same home (no mortgage etc) for 50+ years - now worth approx £180,000 - £200,000 and they have minimal savings.

Looking ahead, if one has to go into care (or council provided home care) I understand there...
      11-08-2022, 11:12 AM
      by royw
      I'm not quite quite sure why you think they are being robbed? They have assets so can afford to pay for themselves. I would consider the council tax payers - many of whom can only dream of owning their own home - to have been robbed if they have to pay for it.
      Totally agree about those who could...
      11-08-2022, 22:45 PM
    • SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      Hello everyone,
      I have had an offer accepted on a property purchase, subject to a surveyors report of £395,000 in England.

I am currently looking at surveyors but i just wanted to know where i stand in terms of stamp duty, costs etc.

I have phoned 5 different solicitors
      10-08-2022, 19:20 PM
    • Reply to SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      It would seem there is nobody with any knowledge on here, which is strange as i would have thought many people would have purchased blocks of flats and even if they did pay the wrong stamp duty by mistake as they did not know , HMRC do give you a one year window from completion to claim it back
      11-08-2022, 18:52 PM
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      That is only an example where it says houses the actual term is `dwelling`
      one title with 2 or more dwelling relief can then be added, however most people are unaware
      11-08-2022, 18:47 PM
      by Gordon999
      You are buying one title, not buying 5 separate titles...
      11-08-2022, 17:35 PM
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      Again taken from HMRC website it states if (6 or more dwellings which mine is 8) it may be treated as a non residential transaction for the purposes of SDLT so will owning my own home have any effect on this?? Presumably i am thinking 1% minimum would still apply?

SDLTM29905 - Relief for

11-08-2022, 17:22 PM
      by BIGGYBIBIG
      whilst you are correct in most cases however that is not taking into account SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
      here is a copy and paste from HMRC own website, hence the reason for the post

Example
      You buy 5 houses for £1 million.
      £1 million divided by 5 is £200,000....
      11-08-2022, 16:39 PM
      by jpkeates
      That's part of why it's worth getting professional advice - sometimes paying some CGT at 18% is more appealing than IHT at 40%.

But lots of people don't have to pay any IHT at all, and if the bulk of the estate is a £200k property it would be well under the threshold at which any tax is...
      11-08-2022, 15:15 PM
    Working...
    X