Buy to let mortgage arrangement fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy to let mortgage arrangement fee

Can the arrangement fee for a mortgage renewal be classed as an expense on a self-assessment tax return? If so can you please advise which section to put the costs under?

Many thanks in advance.

Mortgage arrangement fee is a finance cost which is no longer allowable against rental income. It can be reported in box 44 if you are submitting SA105 tax return.

See advice notes for box 26 in

file:///C:/Users/other/AppData/Local/Temp/SA105_English_Notes-2021.pdf

Comment

Or perhaps here:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...Notes-2021.pdf

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to tax / cgt question for renovating property
          by Gordon999
          If you purchased a building shell , and had the builder carry out the refurbishment work , then enter all expenses as an improvement in your records. You paid the builder by cheque and should have kept bank statements to show all payments .

No need to break down the cost into operating...
          02-07-2022, 11:59 AM
        • tax / cgt question for renovating property
          by DroidEgg
          I purchased a shell of a house that was structurally sound but needed complete refurbishment. The house had been ransacked many items. eg All the radiators & copper pipe had been ripped from the walls.
          A builder completed all the work from start to finish. The final cost was an all-in job...
          02-07-2022, 10:33 AM
        • Reply to tax / cgt question for renovating property
          by jpkeates
          I'd suggest that based on that description, all of the work was probably capital.
          02-07-2022, 10:43 AM
        • CGT query
          by vik238754
          Hello. Since 2013 my wife and I own a property as tenants in common where the beneficial interest split is 90% her and 10% me. We are now looking to sell the property. I have a large CGT loss and using the HMRC CGT calculator I have calculated that if I change the split to 70% me and 30% my wife...
          23-05-2022, 19:37 PM
        • Reply to CGT query
          by Gordon999
          I believe your solicitor has to prepare a Deed of Trust which transfers 60 % interest in the property from wife to you.

You need to make clear to your solicitor that Deed is for HMRC only and not for registration at Land Registry

After signing the Deed , you...
          01-07-2022, 16:51 PM
        • Reply to CGT query
          by vik238754
          The existing declaration states 10:90 beneficial interest not legal interest
          01-07-2022, 13:06 PM
        • Reply to CGT query
          by Gordon999
          The Declaration changing the beneficial interest to 70:30 is prepared only for showing to the Tax Office .

The existing registration of 10% :90% legal interest at Land Registry does not change and the Mortgage Lender has already accepted this situation. .
          01-07-2022, 12:18 PM
        • Reply to CGT query
          by vik238754
          Hi. My solicitor has told me the declaration needs to be registered with the land registry otherwise there will be no effect of creating the declaration. Is this correct?

I have also spoken to my lenders and they have mentioned they will want a new copy of the title. I mentioned to them...
          01-07-2022, 10:35 AM
        • Reply to For tax purposes is there a limit to the number of years we can carry over losses?
          by Gordon999
          The details for scheme under £7500 :

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...om-scheme-2021...
          30-06-2022, 16:59 PM
        • For tax purposes is there a limit to the number of years we can carry over losses?
          by Steve Macey
          1.Pretty sure I read there is no limit! and to give kids the reigns if older brcause you cant transfer losses. perhaps was a different tax i read for though
          2. Can utility bills during empty periods be claimed as expenses?
          3. Think I read that I can either choose the 1k allowance or claim...
          15-06-2022, 01:54 AM
        Working...
        X