Good Accountant recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Accountant recommendations

Look for a good accountant that can help me save tax. Set up a limited company recently and need good advice on the best way to save as much tax as legally possible.

You really need to visit a few accountant shops offering accounting, bookkeeping and VAT services, annual returns to Companies House located in your town or city suburbs and get their menu of services and fees.

Comment

Ask local friends for recommendations - face to face meetings are best

Comment

I have already made a strategic decision about my business.
        And now I need some advice about it.

Cart before horse.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          I have already made a strategic decision about my business.
          And now I need some advice about it.

Cart before horse.
          are you always this helpful?

Comment

Originally posted by Rav View Post
            are you always this helpful?
            Pretty much, yep.

Made lots and lots of mistakes as well.
            You?
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You don't need an accountant. You need a tax advisor.

Beware of bad advice and schemes....

Comment

The Limited company has to file annual report to Companies House to comply to dates posted on Companies House website.and to submit a Company Tax Return to Tax Office. So you should visit some local bookkeeping and VAT shops and ask about their services for small businesses. .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Let Property Campaign.
                  by armour
                  No Neelix, I don't approve of tax evasion.

As it happens, I am the friend who has convinced the lady that it was best all round if she made a clean breast of it and fessed up as soon as possible via the Let Property Campaign and am using such talants as I posess to help her to do so....
                  23-09-2021, 07:46 AM
                • Let Property Campaign.
                  by armour
                  Hi all,

A friend of mine has been renting out a flat since 2004 and has not declared any of the income to HMRC in all that time.

She wants to come clean and pay the accumulated income tax she owes by making a non-prompted disclosure using the Let Property Campaign system....
                  13-09-2021, 13:45 PM
                • Reply to Lease my primary residence to my own LTD company
                  by Soparles
                  Thanks guys, that’s all understood.

The plan would be to retain all profits within the business to invest in BTL property, so no need for dividends.

Thanks.
                  22-09-2021, 10:51 AM
                • Lease my primary residence to my own LTD company
                  by Soparles
                  Hello,

I own a property on a typical residential mortgage and I am moving to the south. My plan is to obtain a consent to let from my mortgage provider and let the property out as a holiday let. I do not plan to buy another property at this time nor do I want to transfer this property...
                  21-09-2021, 07:15 AM
                  by jpkeates
                  If the advice from the lender didn't include a discussion about leasing the property to a company, I'd have the conversation again.
                  If it did, and the lender doesn't have an issue with it, my concern is clearly academic.

The article you linked to is clearly separating itself from...
                  22-09-2021, 09:57 AM
                  by Gordon999
                  ( a) I agree adding holiday let income to your own income ,tax on £50K at 40% = £20K , leaving you with £30K in hand .

(b) If you let to Ltd Company at £10K, your tax = £4000.,

The company taxable income = £50K - £10K rent = £40K charged at 19% corporation...
                  22-09-2021, 09:48 AM
                • Reply to SDLT Recovery on Selling Query
                  by Gordon999
                  I agree with jpk. Your entry cost is £200K. + £5K sdlt + conveyancing solicitor costs + Land Registry costs.
                  22-09-2021, 07:47 AM
                • SDLT Recovery on Selling Query
                  by Sol_1969
                  Say my wife and I buy a house as a second house. We would pay SDLT at the current rate plus 3%.

If in a few years' time we sell the house and the house has gone up by a considerable amount such that we have to pay CGT.

On selling, is the full SDLT paid recoverable against our...
                  22-09-2021, 06:03 AM
                • Reply to SDLT Recovery on Selling Query
                  by jpkeates
                  SDLT is a cost associated with the purchase and can be deducted from the gain before tax is calculated.
                  22-09-2021, 07:36 AM
                  by Soparles
                  Thanks for your detailed response jpkeates.

I have already received separate advice from the lender regarding the consent to let so I am not particularly concerned with this point.

I have done some reading and have found this link which seems to suggest that this type of...
                  22-09-2021, 05:58 AM
                Working...
                X