Limited Company and BBL

Could do with some advice.
    So I have a Ltd company with a semi commercial proeprty in it as follows :
    • Value £155k
    • No mortgage
    • Bank Natwest
    • Have a £50 Bounce Back Loan ( BBL ) in the business account un-used
    • The BBL was loaned to the Ltd
    I now want to transfer another semi commercial property into the Limited company :
    • Value £225k
    • Do have a Natwest loan of £47k outstanding
    • Will have to pay capital gains
    I would have to ask Natwest to refiance the loan of £47k to the Limited company and all the fees that go with it.
    Can I not use the Bounce Back loan sitting in the Limited company ?
    There are many tax implication as I would take the loan out of the Ltd company then pay of the £47k and then transfer the property loan free.

Well aware that the bouce back loan was not intened to be use in this way, I was about to pay it back as I have no need for it.

I can't get my head around the tax issue , is there a better way of doing it without being hit down the road with taxes or penalties ?

Advice very welcome.

How much capital gain do you make from transferring the semi-commercial property into your limited company ?

The capital gain is taxed at 18% or 28% for "residential property "and 10% or 20% for "commercial property". You can claim capital gains personal allowance of £12,300 before paying capital gains tax.

Does the property title say residential property or commercial property ?

Comment

The title says commercial property.

Comment

The capital gains is going to be £4,600 after my allowance.

Comment

I would expect your own tax bill at 10% rate on £4600 taxable capital gain after disposal of commercial property held under personal name, may be around £460 .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tax implications of remortgaging home for a deposit on a BTL
            by Jerry777
            Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could help with this query.

I am remortgaging my home to raise a deposit for a BTL property, and I wondered when I submit my SA tax return, if I would be entitled to a tax credit for the interest on the residential mortgage in the same way as...
            20-06-2021, 18:58 PM
          • Reply to Tax implications of remortgaging home for a deposit on a BTL
            by Gordon999
            You should keep some documentary evidence to show the mortgage loan money raised on house was applied towards purchase of the BTL property.
            23-06-2021, 05:05 AM
          • Reply to Tax implications of remortgaging home for a deposit on a BTL
            by jpkeates
            Yes, provided the loan is for the purposes of the business, it's a business expense.
            22-06-2021, 08:53 AM
          • Reply to Need CGT help or do i ned an accountant
            by Gordon999
            I suggest you send a letter by recorder delivery :

Tax Ref: xxxxx xxxxx

Dear Tax Inspector,

I am the owner of a btl property at 88 Garden terrace , Toy Town .

I wish to inform you that my rental tenant stopped paying rent in Sept 2019 .
            20-06-2021, 14:18 PM
          • Need CGT help or do i ned an accountant
            by Sara2
            Mother died in 2007 left house to me and my 2 sibs it was family home and i lived in it until 1985 when i had my own house. My brother also lived in house at point mum died and he remained there until 2010 when not being able to sell the property i purchased whole of property by buying brother and...
            13-06-2021, 11:53 AM
          • Capital Gain Tax on main home, but let in the past
            by Gep
            Hi all,
            I'm thinking about selling my flat and trying to workout how much capital gain tax I would have to pay.
            ​​Accordingly to the HMRC website the rate is 28% if you let the property out, but I'm currently living there so I'm not sure.

I've owned the property for 10 years:...
            18-06-2021, 17:32 PM
          • Reply to Capital Gain Tax on main home, but let in the past
            by Gordon999
            The first period used as main residence is 3 years plus 9 months after moving away. The second period as main residence is 2 years.

So out of 10 years ownership , the total capital gain is apportioned 5 years plus 9 months as "main residence and 4 years and 3 months under rental...
            20-06-2021, 14:05 PM
          • inherited house - best to sell or rent
            by Wobble1
            Hi all,

My father sadly passed away in February, I already owned half of his house as tenants in common via my mothers will (passed several years before), although I didn't live there with him. Have my own house nearby. I am sole beneficiary of his will, and as well as everything else,...
            17-06-2021, 20:32 PM
          • Reply to inherited house - best to sell or rent
            by Gordon999
            If you want to keep both houses and rent out one house, you should visit 3 local estate agents and make enquiries with lettings manager :
            to check out the following info :

1. What is the rental demand for property in your district or street area ? flats or houses ? furnished...
            20-06-2021, 13:57 PM
          • Reply to inherited house - best to sell or rent
            by Gordon999
            1. If you decide to sell father 's house now, the capital gain will come mainly from your own half share .

If the capital gain on your half share is around £50K , the cgt tax may be around £50K less £12K allowance = £38K at 18% = £7K .

The capital gain on the half...
            20-06-2021, 13:32 PM
          Working...
          X