spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spreadsheet

I been looking at spreadsheets to list my expenses and every template I find seems to allocate expenses per house ie 5 houses = 5 separate sheets whereas I just put everything down on one sheet.
    I would like to know if I have been doing it wrong all these years.
    ​​​​​​Any help would be appreciated
    Jason

​​​​

I’m certainly no expert but I have nine buy to lets and details all of the rental income and costs on one spreadsheet. If you set it up accordingly, you can have a summary table at the top which extracts the credits and debits for each property and then an overall total too. This has always worked for my accountant.

Comment

Its good to keep a separate sheet for each property because when you come to sell one house , you may want to show the rental and expenses records for one house to prospective buyers.

Comment

I use one page of a spreadsheet for all the income and expenses and have other pages which automatically summarise the data property by property.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X