Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpucng62
    replied
    Depends if you tick a box to say 'pay me' or 'keep it towards next year'.

Leave a comment:

• Celibin
    started a topic Hmrc refund. Is this ok?

Hmrc refund. Is this ok?

I submitted my first ever tax return and got a small refund. I did not expect to have to pay much tax as I did not get much income that year.
    However I thought rather than a refund It would just be recorded as a loss to be passed on to the next year. Thanks
    Happy New Year!

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Move to LTD Company and
    by Hama
    Hi All,

My first post and after some advice please.

Currently have 1 buy to let property that I am planning on transferring to a new LTD Company due to higher tax rates, we will be investing further into property in the future too.

I understand that transferring...
    19-04-2021, 20:36 PM
  • Reply to Move to LTD Company and
    by jpkeates
    Re transferring to your husband, you'd have to balance the current SDLT situation against the double CGT benefit.

PRR is usually simple, because HMRC know when your rental business began because you told them about your new business and started paying them tax on it.
    20-04-2021, 07:28 AM
  • Gift Property to avoid Stamp Surchage
    by wangw
    Hi guys,

1st post here thought I try my luck here.

I have a fairy basic question which I thought many would have come across. I currently own 100% of my main residence (call property 1), and I live with my unmarried partner who has no property under her name. I am at 45% tax...
    19-04-2021, 15:44 PM
  • Reply to Gift Property to avoid Stamp Surchage
    by jpkeates
    As an unmarried couple, you might be better off owning all of the property on a joint basis, as you can simply tell HMRC how you plan to split the income between you.

Talk to an accountant.
    20-04-2021, 07:25 AM
  • Reply to MTD and an End to Accidental Landlords ?
    by landlord-man
    The answer is in the name - Making Tax Digital.

No more paper submissions...
    19-04-2021, 20:41 PM
  • MTD and an End to Accidental Landlords ?
    by landlord-man
    Now that we know every LL will be captured by the new MTD Reporting Rules from April 2023 (at the latest) - do you think LLs with just one property will abandon the PRS in large numbers?

I'm unsure whether Letting Agents will be competent enough to take on this responsibility - and I cannot...
    17-04-2021, 09:17 AM
    by Neelix
    Just watch out she doesn't leave you as soon as the transfer is complete ...................
    19-04-2021, 17:59 PM
    by wangw
    I suppose the other alternative is to buy the property 2 in her name (provided she can afford the new mortgage, if not we can look at JBSP), wait till legally married and we are free to transfer the properties between us. With interest rates where it is, the actual tax savings would probably be min...
    19-04-2021, 17:55 PM
    by wangw
    yeah it is a good question. as it will be a BTL so will just be the usual BTL prudent tests, hopefully just a question of can the rent cover the amount we want to borrow. I think some banks may not be willing to lend to her if she has no other main residence (i.e. HSBC has this rule).

19-04-2021, 17:53 PM
    by Neelix
    I suppose the obvious question is can your partner remortgage property 1 with no previous mortgage history ?...
    19-04-2021, 17:19 PM
Working...
X