Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full accounts requested - Treasurer avoiding me!

Just joined PMC as Director and CS and on checking the documents handed to me for storage, there is a massive gap from 2010 to now! I have managed to find through other directors the meetings minutes for the past 9 years, however I am struggling to be given the full accounts. When I ask, I am told I do not need them and the accounts have been provided, which are abbreviated accounts!

A large amount of money was bequeathed to the PMC when a previous director died, but there are some questions on what it has been spend on by other residents and the directors will not answer questions. As the new CS I am being asked daily!!

I also found that they missed lots of tax deadlines, 8 x 100 pound fines in the past 8 years. I am trying to get on top of this so the accountnat has everything they need to submit the account information in time this year. Yet I am told by the other directors that it is not due until October 2020. I have explained that this is why they have had missed payment penalties in the past 8 years!

Is there a way to find out who the accountant is and have them forward me the information I have requested? So I can then provide the information to the other shareholders of PMC.

Thank you.

You should visit the Companies House website and look at the filed information for previous years under your company's records. You may find the name of your accountant in those past records.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

The directors changed in 2014 and then got
        Total exemption small company accounts
        Been filing Micro accounts since - as a shareholder and Company Secretary and director am I entitled to see the bank statements if they do not have full accounts?
        Thank you.

Comment

If you are listed as director and officer of the company, you can request any information going back 6 years.

Comment

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Comment

I'd resign as Company Secretary.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to tax allowance for new tiles on roof
                by Mrs Mug
                Surely the cost is a capital cost, as the property needed the work doing when it was bought....
                08-07-2020, 06:51 AM
              • tax allowance for new tiles on roof
                by alice123
                ok - I had a surveyor down recently who told me my BTL needs attention to guttering and new fasicas as they are in need of sorting out - had a roofer quote me but also told me the tiles needed replacing on roof as they are missing in areas and letting in water , i know this to be true as I looked at...
                07-07-2020, 23:19 PM
              • Reply to tax allowance for new tiles on roof
                by JK0
                I put down that sort of work wholly against income tax. You know it's not a good idea to replace slates with tiles, dont't you? (Will make the ceilings sag upstairs due to extra weight.)

Not sure about building regs.
                08-07-2020, 06:48 AM
              • Stamp duty / Tennents in common
                by Jk2020
                Hi,

I'm a first time buyer currently living with parents and looking for a buy to let, for example house worth 150K (in cash)

I understand i dont need to pay stamp duty (first time buyer)

I would then like to be tennants in common with my dad, and split it (Dad...
                07-07-2020, 09:42 AM
              • Reply to Stamp duty / Tennents in common
                by jpkeates
                1 - Yes, but it's a sale.
                2 - Yes, they'll pay SDLT at the market value (well 99%) with the surcharged VAT.

I don't really see the point of the arrangement.

At the end of the transactions, you've spent £150,000, gifted £148,500 of property to your father and could now...
                07-07-2020, 10:50 AM
              • Moving overseas - forms to submit to HMRC
                by JamesHopeful
                I'm about to move overseas for a couple of years.

I know that I need to submit an NRL1 to allow my letting agent to continue to pay my rent to me gross. However, do I need to submit any other forms at this stage? (e.g. a form informing HMRC that I'm going overseas in the first place?)...
                05-07-2020, 15:43 PM
              • Reply to Moving overseas - forms to submit to HMRC
                by Gordon999
                I would submit your tax return for 2019-2020
                05-07-2020, 19:54 PM
              • Reply to Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
                by jpkeates
                When you complete your tax return, you no longer deduct the interest (and any other finance related costs, e.g. a setup fee) you have paid as an allowable expense.
                You calculate the tax you would pay without that deduction (i.e. income less other expenses at the appropriate rate(s))
                Then...
                04-07-2020, 12:40 PM
              • Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
                by cadence248
                Good afternoon all,

I've been getting to grips with the changes to landlord's tax relief over the last few years. One thing that worries me considerably is that since all rental income is now taxed, and I must pay my loan interest and repayments out of this also, that really doesn't leave...
                02-07-2020, 15:11 PM
              • Reply to Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
                by Kape65
                The 20% credit is automatically applied, you would have been getting it for the last 3 years!
                04-07-2020, 10:19 AM
              Working...
              X