Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPV Company Expenses and Accounts

Hello guys,
    I'm new in the landlord world and own one property under SPV company. The property I own requires modernisation before I even start thinking to let it out.

I have couple questions to experts:

1. My estimation refurb cost would be around £5k. Which would include updating heating system, redecorating ceiling and walls as they are old fashion from 80ties and so on. Would I be able to clam those refurb expenses to reduce taxes? As far as I understand, I am able to claim expenses if replace the item with similar one like old fridge to a new similar style fridge. But there is not a lot info regarding of refurbishment if property is in a bad shape and requires modernisation.

2. Can someone recommend a good accountant for reasonable prices which work with SPV companies? Quotes which I have received are £2k and up, doesn't seem realistic for the company which owns one house.

Thanks in advance
    Vadim

Try google search for online accountants - look for website and fees charged by twd and Richard Mcintosh and others

Comment

Originally posted by vadik.l View Post
      Would I be able to clam those refurb expenses to reduce taxes? As far as I understand, I am able to claim expenses if replace the item with similar one like old fridge to a new similar style fridge. But there is not a lot info regarding of refurbishment if property is in a bad shape and requires modernisation.
      You can claim all of those expenses as a company.
      You will find a lot of information that is misleading because it relates to individuals, not companies.

Your accountant will be able to advise.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Where refurbishment is on a like for like basis or does not add capital value, it should clearly fall within the remit of allowable repairs and maintenance expenditure.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• tax allowance for new tiles on roof
          by alice123
          ok - I had a surveyor down recently who told me my BTL needs attention to guttering and new fasicas as they are in need of sorting out - had a roofer quote me but also told me the tiles needed replacing on roof as they are missing in areas and letting in water , i know this to be true as I looked at...
          07-07-2020, 23:19 PM
        • Reply to tax allowance for new tiles on roof
          by Mrs Mug
          2 years ago, we had a complete new roof, new facsias and soffits, and new guttering fitted for our own home. Never even thought about mentioning it to the insurance or mortgage provider. Why did you?...
          13-07-2020, 17:17 PM
        • CGT & Gifting
          by Kape65
          If I were to gift unencumbered properties to my adult children what would be their baseline for calculating CGT? Would it be zero (the price they paid) or would it be the price I paid or would it be based on market value when gifted? Or none of the above?
          13-07-2020, 15:12 PM
        • Reply to CGT & Gifting
          by jpucng62
          As JPKeates says - the value on the date of gifting. I would gather together some evidence of the value so you can back it up when you need to to HMRC.
          13-07-2020, 15:26 PM
        • Reply to CGT & Gifting
          by jpkeates
          It would be the market value on the date of transfer.
          13-07-2020, 15:22 PM
          by alice123
          tenant is stressed - im stressed and the fact the the insurance are asking a heap of questions doesnt seem right - does anyone else who is having work done ask their insurance if its ok ?? it like they are asking what being done and then askin g more questions each time - why dont they ask everyhting...
          13-07-2020, 13:42 PM
          by alice123
          im getting another quote - however now the insurance company as well as mortgage are asking for more information on the works as now i happend to mention im getting the job done - nightnmare
          The fella who did the first quote did seem ok but its stresed me out

might not even bother...
          13-07-2020, 13:41 PM
        • Reply to An acceptable level of repairs
          by gnvqsos
          i bought several electric heaters to serve in emergencies at a cost of £100 and instal electric showers,at cost of £300 a property.
          13-07-2020, 06:44 AM
        • An acceptable level of repairs
          by gnvqsos
          I recenly engaged a new accountant who questioned the extent to which I was claiming for repairs.She suggested I was claiming too high a proprtion of gross rents.I believe in repairing and redecorating whenever a property falls empty,as it makes the house easier to let,and makes tenants willing to...
          10-07-2020, 16:18 PM
        • Reply to An acceptable level of repairs
          by halfax
          its just a personel choice, but over the years it as removed the biggest hassle in my life, ( 2 days before christmas a boiler goes down, you try getting a plumber or more to the point the part need. on holiday in us it happens) just takes away the only problem i have had renting , and works out cheaper...
          12-07-2020, 13:47 PM
        Working...
        X