X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by bengal View Post
    Thanks for the responses - we're based in the North West, can anyone recommend an accountant familiar with this type of thing? thanks
    It should be bread and butter stuff to most solicitors.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    Visit Land Registry Online website and check the property title for your post code address . You can down load the freehold title and site plan by paying £3 each by credit card . You should expect find one freehold title to cover the site ( now including 2 houses ).and title holder is the 1st Company.

Get some quotations from 2 or 3 local solicitor firms ( which does property conveyancing ) for replacing "one freehold title and site plan" by 2 separate titles and site plan, You need separate plan for each house .

Same company can own 2 freehold houses.

Leave a comment:

• bengal
    replied
    Thanks for the responses - we're based in the North West, can anyone recommend an accountant familiar with this type of thing? thanks

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    There's either something significant we don't know or the solicitor's advice seems odd.
    In order to move one of the properties to another company, you'd have to have split the title as part of the process - otherwise you have nothing to move.

So I suspect the two things are separate.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome2020
    replied
    I don't quite see why you should have to move property from one company to another in order to split the title. It should be possible to move properties in group structures without a tax liability arising unless assets or a company leave the group.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    I would recommend professional advice. Tax knowledge from "some bloke on an Internet chat room" can be unreliable to say the least ~ see my other post for examples :-)

Leave a comment:

• bengal
    started a topic Tax advice needed regarding new build and title split

Tax advice needed regarding new build and title split

We purchased land under a company name and built two semi-detached houses.

We are trying to re-mortgage the properties, but the mortgage company is asking us to split the title in two so each house will have a title of its own.

Our solicitor has advised of the need to move one house from our company to another entity (like another company) only then will we be able to split the title.

We currently have two companies – 1st company which holds one title (this is the original company) and another that can hold the other title or house (this is our second company)

We would like to know if by moving one house from the 1st company to the 2nd, will we then have to pay stamp duty, land tax or capital gains or any other tax (SDLT)?

Do we have to have the 2nd property as a subsidiary of the 1st company, or wouldn’t that make any difference in regard to tax purposes?

Many thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
    by jpkeates
    When you complete your tax return, you no longer deduct the interest (and any other finance related costs, e.g. a setup fee) you have paid as an allowable expense.
    You calculate the tax you would pay without that deduction (i.e. income less other expenses at the appropriate rate(s))
    Then...
    04-07-2020, 12:40 PM
  • Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
    by cadence248
    Good afternoon all,

I've been getting to grips with the changes to landlord's tax relief over the last few years. One thing that worries me considerably is that since all rental income is now taxed, and I must pay my loan interest and repayments out of this also, that really doesn't leave...
    02-07-2020, 15:11 PM
    by Kape65
    The 20% credit is automatically applied, you would have been getting it for the last 3 years!
    04-07-2020, 10:19 AM
    by jpkeates
    The only people negatively affected by the change in how the interest can be claimed are higher rate tax payers and standard rate tax payers who were close to the higher rate threshold.

For most landlords, the change is simply in how the tax is calculated, the outcome is the same.
    04-07-2020, 08:58 AM
  • Reply to Can we claim back the VAT?
    by Gordon999
    Your lease should require the leaseholders to pay annual service charge contribution to the management company.

To keep the non-profit making Management Company dormant which is easier for filing annual returns to Companies House, the service charge money collected from the leaseholders...
    04-07-2020, 08:18 AM
  • Can we claim back the VAT?
    by 529 Charlie
    We are 3 Leaseholders each with a share of the freehold of our shared building. Purchase of our flats meant we also became Directors of a dormant Management Company. We need urgent maintenance/Major Works doing and wondered how and if we can claim back the VAT charged by the builder(s).

03-07-2020, 18:13 PM
  • Reply to Tax Return
    by Gordon999
    Revised figures for your situation ( for 12 months rent.)

Annual rental income = £6000

Buildings insurance = £0.

Maintenance & Repairs = £100

Letting agent = 12 x £60 = £720

Total Expenses = £820

Profit = £6000-...
    04-07-2020, 07:50 AM
  • Tax Return
    by Brian862107
    Does anyone know of any good online tutorials/guides for filling out your self-assessment tax return? I don't know about you's but I hate filling out forms (they always ask you to tick a box to say the information you've put in is correct too!!)!

This is my first year filling out the self-assessment...
    01-07-2020, 15:51 PM
  • Reply to CGT after selling my main residence
    by doobrey
    I had thought it was something like that as well, until I looked it up.

https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-t...property-rates
    04-07-2020, 07:36 AM
  • CGT after selling my main residence
    by Echoes
    Hi there
    First of all thanks in advance for your reply. I would really appreciate if you can calify some of my confusion.

I have few queries regarding selling my main residence which would impact on how much CGT I would pay...

1. I am buying a new house to live so...
    02-07-2020, 14:14 PM
Working...
X