SDLT on additional property and Ltd Company - reclaiming because of main residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDLT on additional property and Ltd Company - reclaiming because of main residence

Good afternoon - I need advice regarding whether the additional property SDLT can be reclaimed under the following circumstances:

There is a free hold house currently divided into 2 flats on 999 leases. My Ltd company owns the upper flat (no Lender) The lower flat owner is selling and I am considering buying in cash
    Freehold is currently owned as joint tenants with my Ltd company and the other flat owner
    I will buy Lower flat Leasehold in my personal name and this will be my only property and become main residence. Subsequently I will 'sell' the Upper flat from my LTD company to me. Given this will be an additional property I would pay the additional SDLT rate. I will then reconvert both flats into 1 dwelling in my personal name and extinguish the leases. The (re)combined house will become my main residence.

Could I claim back the additional SDLT on the transfer of the Upper flat when the above has occurred?

Thank you

You''re going to need an actual tax expert to answer that and the answer is likely to be heavily caveated.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

thank you - I will do
      Wondered if anyone had experienced similar circumstances.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X