Voluntary removal of one Joint Owner in a BTL house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary removal of one Joint Owner in a BTL house

I own a BTL house with my two adult children as Joint Owners (tenants). I wish to remove my name from the Land Registry record. What would be the Tax implications of such action?

It would be a CGT "event" for you because any gain would crystalise.
    I don't think they would have any tax issue.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

jpkeates, thank you for the response. Would there be any stamp duty payable? If i die within 7 years would there be any Inheritance tax due.

Comment

One small matter ,I assume that the property is unencumbered , if not the lender would have something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1980 View Post
          jpkeates, thank you for the response. Would there be any stamp duty payable? If i die within 7 years would there be any Inheritance tax due.
          Yes, there's a change in the title, so SDLT would be payable (I think on 1/3 of the cost).

And, again, yes.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X