When is Stamp Duty Triggered During Transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Stamp Duty Triggered During Transfer?

Family member 1 (FM1) has purchased two BTL properties.

Property 1 - £115K purchase in 2006)
    Property 2 - £200K (purchase in 2019)

Currently, they wish to add another family member (FM2) to the title (transfer of ownership) - so that they are joint owners

FM1 does not want FM2 on the mortgage as they have a CCJ

What I wanted to know is whether stamp duty (or any other expensive fees) will be triggered on this?

The mortgage lender is (almost certainly) not going to allow the transfer anyway, so it's academic.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Is this due to the CCJ? Or will the lender simply insist that both parties have to be on the mortgage?

Assuming FM2 did not have a CCJ, would stamp duty be triggered?

Comment

The mortgage lender isn't going to allow all or part of their security for a large loan to be given to someone else.

SDLT becomes due on completion.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

CCJ is a County Court judgement against a person who is unable or has refused to pay off a debt. This means the Mortgage Lender cannot offer a mortgage loan to any CCJ person.

When there is a change of ownership , the Land Registry will not register the property under the new names before the liability to sdlt is paid.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X