Set up Limited Company last April do I need to send tax return?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Set up Limited Company last April do I need to send tax return?

    I set up a limited company on 5th April 2019

    Purchased a property in limited company name in August 2019

    I have not received any income only expenses

    Do i need to send a tax return by Jan 31st?

    #2
    The date scheduled for filing the company's annual account will be given in the company's record, kept by Companies House. I would expect your company's first year trading period will run from 5th April 2019 to 5th April 2020.
    So the company should file an annual account at Companies House before 31 Dec 2020 ( 9 months from year end 5th April 2020 ) and should expect to submit a 2019/20 company tax return later this year.

    If you submitted a personal tax return before 31 Jan last year, then you probably have to submit again before the end of this month.

    Comment


      #3
      You can't file a tax return until after the tax year has ended.
      my LTD company goes from June 30th to June 29th and I have to have done and dusted the tax return for corporation tax by March 31st.
      don't confuse self assessment tax return with LTD company one. They are significantly different.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Logical.Lean View Post
        You can't file a tax return until after the tax year has ended.
        my LTD company goes from June 30th to June 29th and I have to have done and dusted the tax return for corporation tax by March 31st.
        So as your tax year ends on June 29th 2020, you will have to complete the tax return by March 31st 2021?

        Originally posted by Logical.Lean View Post
        don't confuse self assessment tax return with LTD company one. They are significantly different.
        I think this is what i was doing.

        So as a Limited Company, all I have to concern myself with is my tax return being due by 31st December 2020?

        Comment


          #5
          "You" need to do tax return for usual tax years.

          The company will probably have different dates for tax, especially in 1st year.

          We're any assets -eg property - transferred? May be CGT return also

          Try Google for corporation tax guidance
          I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
            Try Google for corporation tax guidance
            Joking aside, don't do this.

            You sound like you need an accountant, because you'll need someone to create the annual accounts (and carry forward some losses) as well as sort out your taxes.
            Making mistakes with HMRC and Companies House can be complicated and expensive to sort out.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              Joking aside, don't do this.

              You sound like you need an accountant, because you'll need someone to create the annual accounts (and carry forward some losses) as well as sort out your taxes.
              Making mistakes with HMRC and Companies House can be complicated and expensive to sort out.
              I always check the advice given by my accountant with a check on gov.uk and a Google search. They rarely contradict.

              Comment


                #8
                A great deal of information found by google (and on the web, generally) is out of date or relates to a different country or jusisdiction.
                And I have a great mistrust of .gov.uk information generally.

                I have several errors that I have reported over the years which are still uncorrected.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

                Comment

                Latest Activity

                Collapse

                Working...
                X