HMRC unable to log in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC unable to log in

been unable to log into HMRc for past few days as they are not sending me the code to my phone anyone else having this problem?

Call HMRC hotline and state your problem.

Comment

thanks Gordon999 didnt want to state the obvious lol

hower , hope this helps others also cant log into my tax credit -

HMRC on line chat states --

There is a known issue with the access codes not being sent to landlines at the moment.

I will need you to report this issue to our Digital Team, as they are responsible for this part of the website. On most pages on the online account you will see a link ‘get help with this page’, select the link and state the exact problem, they will investigate and come back to you with further instructions by email.

Comment

Ah.. Before I can proceed with a credit card payment online , I need to input a number from my card company which sends a password number by sms to my mobile.

So if your landline phone is not able receive the password number from tax office , you probably need to buy a mobile phone and claim the cost against your rental income.

Comment

Everyone with a credit card they use online is going to need access to an SMS service, because the rules about authentication require text message authentication for online transactions.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

They are going to need access to a telephone service, but some banks use voice calls even over mobile phones.

Comment

ok they have told me that the issue is with certain landlines from one particular provider and nothing else so ive registered my mobile - it usually works though for tax credits as well and i have therefore changed both - interesting if i can claim the top up cost at least

i should normally send them a cheque for monies owed but its usually them that owe me -

We used to log in at the library - and get my son to run to the library with the code - i now have a computer at home but its ancient -
              We paid one pound for an hour of internet use which i would deduct each time - simpler to do a paper return

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X