Second payment on account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon,

There’s been a variety of replies but what’s not clear is that the money I paid by July 2019 towards my 2019 tax bill is sitting in my online tax account. I filled my return and it’s submitted it but the money I owe hasn’t taken into consideration the money that I’ve already paid.

Thanks

Adam

Comment

The last link I posted clearly says you have to do the subtraction yourself.

Comment

Does anyone know what section the figure is input to? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
          The last link I posted clearly says you have to do the subtraction yourself.
          Leaseholder64 do you think if my bill states I owe £200,000 for the 2019 tax year but because I’ve paid £100,000 previously as a payment on account I just pay the other £100,000?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dotcotton999 View Post

Leaseholder64 do you think if my bill states I owe £200,000 for the 2019 tax year but because I’ve paid £100,000 previously as a payment on account I just pay the other £100,000?

Thanks
            I think if I had a £200K tax bill, then my accountant should really be earning their money and explaining in detail how my liability is calculated.

Comment

There’s me thinking it’s called self assessment

Comment

If you make your tax return online, then you can check the "statement " section showing your payments made to tax office against your own bank statements.

Comment

I telephoned HMRC... they said usually the amounts are worked out automatically but there had been issues with some accounts because payments on account hadn’t been generated correctly by them

thanks for all the assistance

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lease extension
                    Cassie12
                    Hi I'm a newbie and would welcome information about any tax relief on a 99 year lease extension I have just paid for....
                    21-10-2019, 16:37 PM
                  • Reply to Lease extension
                    leaseholder64
                    It would be against CGT, not income.
                    21-10-2019, 17:42 PM
                  • SA 700 tax return
                    Cassie12
                    At the end of February 2019 I did a Share for Share exchange agreement on an offshore company which owns a property to bring the company into the UK jurisdiction. Can anyone tell me do I still do a paper SA700 tax return for the 10 months April 2018 to February 2019 while the company was still in the...
                    21-10-2019, 16:23 PM
                  • Rent-a-room and tax deductions
                    doobrey
                    Trying to settle a debate :-

I am aware that claiming rent-a-room relief precludes the deduction of expenses for that property such as utilities, GSC, etc.

However, my accountant has stated that I cannot deduct an amount for use of my own property for business purposes, since...
                    17-10-2019, 11:57 AM
                  • Reply to Rent-a-room and tax deductions
                    doobrey
                    Thanks. That is what I thought....
                    17-10-2019, 13:23 PM
                    jpkeates
                    No, I believe you would be able to claim an allowance of £4 a week against the income from that business....
                    17-10-2019, 13:18 PM
                    Gordon999
                    The Rent a Room Scheme lets you earn up to a threshold of £7,500 per year tax-free from letting out furnished accommodation in your home. This is halved if you share the income with your partner or someone else. You can let out as much of your home as you want.

So your web design business...
                    17-10-2019, 13:04 PM
                    doobrey
                    I am not suggesting that Rent-a-Room is a business (...and that is, I guess, part of the point of my question).

I am aware that claiming rent-a-room relief precludes the deduction of expenses for that property such as utilities, GSC, etc. However, my understanding/assumption is that this...
                    17-10-2019, 12:48 PM
                  • Maintenance payment flow of funds
                    Kots
                    Hi all,

I am one of three flats and I own a share of freehold. We've setup a company to deal with the day-to-day matters such as maintenance payments and such.

One of the freeholders, who is also a director of the company, usually arranges quotes for maintenance works and insurance...
                    15-10-2019, 05:10 AM
                  • Reply to Maintenance payment flow of funds
                    Gordon999
                    For your BTL letting business , you are required to keep proper records of the rental income and expenses for each year and be able to report the figures in your annual income tax return.

The rental income and expenses must be supported by bookkeeping records, suppliers invoices...
                    17-10-2019, 12:46 PM
                  Working...
                  X