Tax Deductible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Deductible?

I have a flat that I rent out that I have found out is subject to a doubling ground rent clause. I have the chance to get a deed variation but it's going to cost me double the amount of someone who lives in their property to get the variation (£4k!!) Is this something that is tax deductible?

What is the actual wording on "starting ground rent" and "frequency of increase" and "permitted increase" in your lease ?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
      by cadence248
      Good afternoon all,

I've been getting to grips with the changes to landlord's tax relief over the last few years. One thing that worries me considerably is that since all rental income is now taxed, and I must pay my loan interest and repayments out of this also, that really doesn't leave...
      02-07-2020, 15:11 PM
    • Reply to Changes to Landlords tax relief and landlords tax credit
      by cadence248
      Thank you very much everyone for explaining the mechanics of this to me. I really appreciate it.
      15-07-2020, 11:43 AM
    • Capital gains tax changes afoot?
      by Bobthebiker
      So it seem the chancellor has ordered a review of capital gains tax, payIng special attention to the reliefs and allowances To see if it’s fit for purpose, the Covid clawback starts here maybe.
      14-07-2020, 21:05 PM
    • Reply to Capital gains tax changes afoot?
      by jpkeates
      It probably needs some fine tuning.

It's sensible to encourage people to invest and take risks.
      But it's not really sensible to give the same break to people just for buying a house and living in it.
      15-07-2020, 08:53 AM
      by BTL investor
      Inheritance tax will be the other easy target.
      After all the furlough money that he’s handed out Rishi will want to ensure that the £325,000 rule and 7 year rule are still ‘fit for purpose’....
      15-07-2020, 08:52 AM
      by xingpot
      If they announce changes, can anyone say when they'd be likely to take effect? E.g. immediately versus in the new tax year?
      15-07-2020, 08:51 AM
      by royw
      Perhaps they're going to remove the current tax on inflation 😂 (yes, I'm joking)
      15-07-2020, 08:31 AM
      by theartfullodger
      Yes, the location of the Tory magic money tree is finally known!

Those with savings, securities and property.

No doubt they'll all continue voting for Bozo
      15-07-2020, 06:33 AM
    • Reply to CGT & Gifting
      by gnvqsos
      I think you can reduce liability for CGT by deducting the costs of renovations,and costs associated with purchase eg survey fees,conveyancing fees etc.It may be possible to deduct legal fees resulting from the gift made...
      14-07-2020, 16:35 PM
    • CGT & Gifting
      by Kape65
      If I were to gift unencumbered properties to my adult children what would be their baseline for calculating CGT? Would it be zero (the price they paid) or would it be the price I paid or would it be based on market value when gifted? Or none of the above?
      13-07-2020, 15:12 PM
    Working...
    X