SDLT Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDLT Query

I purchased a property via auction. I completed the transaction within the allotted 28 day time frame

However I wanted to know when exactly does the SDLT have to be paid/submitted by the conveyancer

Is it 30 days after the transaction completed? i.e. after the allotted 20 days)

Within 14 days from the sale completion date:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/stamp-du...-paper-returns

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• BTL property, wife's property or both our property?
      Loftmonster
      Hello,

First off appologies for joining and going straight in with a question. I promise i will try my best to positively contribute in the future.

My wife and i are in the process of remortging our home as a BTL and purchasing a new home to live in. The BTL is in my wife's...
      13-08-2019, 10:11 AM
    • Reply to BTL property, wife's property or both our property?
      jpkeates
      Landlords are easy to tax, no one likes us.

It is anti-marriage though, which is usually a bad look in politics.
      25-08-2019, 09:03 AM
    • Reply to BTL property, wife's property or both our property?
      Kape65
      jpkeates,

That's just mean! He may get stung twice then. He's going to get hit with 3% buying a new family home and then get hit again if he goes half on the BTL.
      24-08-2019, 21:54 PM
    • PPR & LETTINGS RELIEF - SELLING BUY TO LET
      terrihaz
      I am looking for some advice on the new rules regarding ppr and lettings relief due to come into being in 2020.

I purchased a flat in July 2004 for £38,000 and lived there until July 2006 (24 months) when I purchased another house. I subsequently let the flat out from July 2008 until
      24-08-2019, 20:33 PM
    • Help me understand my tax bill please
      Switch
      Hi

To give a quick background summary:
      I have a rental property. It is my old house that I rented out when I moved to another area due to my work.
      I was working as a sole trader so did my income and rental taxes together which probably disguised what I'm seeing now.
      24-08-2019, 15:57 PM
    • Reply to Help me understand my tax bill please
      AndrewDod
      As above - your profit is £5400 - so you are not paying more tax than your profit.

No tax paid is not an allowable expense! For CGT or anything else .....

We presume you are a higher rate tax payer in your main job -- or the rental income of £5400 is making you higher ra...
      24-08-2019, 19:03 PM
      Switch
      Thanks Leaseholder, I understand that capital payments have never been allowable. I know it sounds naive, but when I was paying my sole trader tax I never really saw the impact of the rental income tax. I guess I'm just looking for some confirmation of what I am seeing, does it seem right - Paying more...
      24-08-2019, 18:30 PM
      leaseholder64
      The mortgage capital repayments have never been allowable against income tax. they are represent part of the acquisition cost,which is allowable against capital gains tax.
      24-08-2019, 18:14 PM
    • Trading allowance and my tax bill
      Jazzert100
      My two sons look after my properties whilst I am on holiday.
      If I make a payement to each of them of £1000 each for this service can I declare this as an expense on my tax return?
      In addition can they take the money and not declare it under the trader's allowance.............
      01-08-2019, 14:25 PM
    • Reply to Trading allowance and my tax bill
      Gordon999
      The trading allowance applies only to self-employed persons :

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tax-free...trading-income.

You can pay your sons for providing "holiday cover service" but the sons would have to declared the payments as part of their...
      24-08-2019, 15:58 PM
    Working...
    X