Home improvement - for EPC Standards ... Tax questions / advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home improvement - for EPC Standards ... Tax questions / advice.

Hi peeps,

I wanted to pick your brains.

One of my letted property was highlighted as D with a few bits to shove it into the C band.

I'm thinking long term though ( as it was originally my home and have no intention of selling it).

I"m thinking of Solar Panels - is there any way to get any tax brake for this or any home improvements at all?

Sadly I wasn't a landlord during the years that the government offered the tax relief to get EPC up to scratch ?

Can you class this as ' repairs'? What about other things like new boiler - ???

Also what are peoples experience of the 'Green Deal' and tenants responses to this?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Ash

if it's an improvement you can only claim this against capital gains.

if you replace things like a boiler this is considered replacement or repair the boiler and is deductible against income. This assumes there is already existing boiler, if there isn't an existing boiler this classes as improvement and again offsets against capital gain. if this boiler breaks and is repaired or repalced offset against income

although why are you increasing it from D to a C no need it's only E or below that need to make amends.

Comment

There's no need to alter if it's an E either. Its only F and G that needs to be made more efficient

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X