Deed of trust to Ltd company

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vinkris
    started a topic Deed of trust to Ltd company

    Deed of trust to Ltd company

    Hello All,

    I’m new to this site/forum so apologies in advance if this question has been asked before.
    i own my current property 100% and it’s on a personal mortgage. Now I want to move from the property due to personal reasons and want to let it out. I want to do BTL via company option, I don’t want to break the mortgage now as it would incur a significant early repayment charge. I’m considering the option to do a deed of trust to my company and collect rent via company. Question is in this scenario do I need to inform the lender. Please let me know.


  • Gordon999
    If you don't want to break the existing mortgage loan, then you certainly cannot move to a new BTL mortgage.

    Leave a comment:

  • jpkeates
    "BTL via company option" needs some further explaining.

    Leave a comment:

  • Jon66
    You need to post the terms and conditions of your mortgage for anyone to be able to answer but it is likely you will be breaching the terms and conditions if you don't inform them.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Activity


  • don't want to reinvent the wheel- spreadsheet required
    Just about to start getting info together for my accountant on my 5 buytolets.
    Anybody got a good spreadsheet they've devised solely for this purpose please?
    I will be forever grateful, thanks in advance.
    02-07-2019, 20:57 PM
  • Reply to don't want to reinvent the wheel- spreadsheet required
    I use something I've put together which calculates exactly what I need to put in each box on the SA forms. We've got the same number of properties and it works for us, but I find I have to be on top of it (sometimes on a daily basis) with expenses and paperwork so it's not for everyone. The good thing...
    17-07-2019, 06:06 AM
  • HMRC - Web Filing of Accounts
    I have two properties with an income of £9,000. HMRC does not allow web filing accounts if income is over £5,250+. The options seem to be a) buy and use software acceptable to HMRC or b) use an accountant who has such software and charges £250 + VAT pa. As I file accounts directly with HMRC for...
    14-07-2019, 18:06 PM
  • Reply to HMRC - Web Filing of Accounts
    I bet accountant will be able to identify £250 of savings, and his bill is tax deductible also. Thirdly, any mistake found years ahead will be on his head rather than yours. Go with the accountant IIWY.
    16-07-2019, 07:52 AM
  • Reply to HMRC - Web Filing of Accounts
    If you use a separate bank account to receive the monthly rental payments and pay the expenses by cheque, your bank account statements will serve as your bookkeeping records.

    For rental income of around £9K total , you can probably submit a paper tax return SA 200 . This form requires...
    16-07-2019, 07:39 AM
  • Reply to HMRC - Web Filing of Accounts
    Hi Gordon,

    The income is too low to be registered for VAT. HMRC have a list of software but when I looked a year or so ago, it was quite expensive. I wondered if others had a similar situation and what they did.
    15-07-2019, 21:07 PM
  • Reply to HMRC - Web Filing of Accounts
    Have you asked HMRC about what software to use for online returns?

    I thought the online return was required for quarterly VAT returns ?...
    14-07-2019, 22:47 PM
  • Sale of (let) residential property: is HMRC notification required?
    I have just sold a residential property I have been letting.
    There is a capital loss on the disposal.

    I have a vague recollection that such disposals need to be notified to HMRC within 30 days of completion, but a search has not come up with anything other than "it will become...
    12-07-2019, 23:51 PM
  • Reply to Sale of (let) residential property: is HMRC notification required?
    The problem is that HMRC can't currently properly cope with any kind of "interim" tax return (non-UK residents don't have annual tax returns, pretty much by definition).
    The best they can do is adjust a tax code or interim payment if you advise them something has changed dramatically....
    13-07-2019, 10:47 AM
  • Is there a maximum you can put against tax
    Good evening.

    We have done our tax return for last year, and the system highlighted our tax returns as too high. We still pay roughly £1000 in tax after deductions. All work was necessary, replacing two leaking showers in two flats was an expensive job because it also included retiling...
    08-07-2019, 17:29 PM