Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deed of trust to Ltd company

Hello All,

I’m new to this site/forum so apologies in advance if this question has been asked before.
    i own my current property 100% and it’s on a personal mortgage. Now I want to move from the property due to personal reasons and want to let it out. I want to do BTL via company option, I don’t want to break the mortgage now as it would incur a significant early repayment charge. I’m considering the option to do a deed of trust to my company and collect rent via company. Question is in this scenario do I need to inform the lender. Please let me know.

Thanks

You need to post the terms and conditions of your mortgage for anyone to be able to answer but it is likely you will be breaching the terms and conditions if you don't inform them.

Comment

"BTL via company option" needs some further explaining.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

If you don't want to break the existing mortgage loan, then you certainly cannot move to a new BTL mortgage.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Sdlt on gifted property
          by BTL investor
          Was it done through a solicitor? They should be able to answer the question.
          Best thing you could do is phone HMRC and ask them.
          04-06-2020, 13:49 PM
        • Sdlt on gifted property
          by Bill31
          My father gifted me part of property we live in together, its our main residential property. There was no money exchanged and theres no mortgage.
          I know theres no cgt and sdlt to pay on this gift. But do we still need to file a sdlt rdturn to hmrc?...
          04-06-2020, 12:29 PM
        • Reply to Interest expense on tax return - how to obtain?
          by JamesHopeful
          Thank you for clarifying -- my wording was perhaps a bit unclear. When I said "everyone (whether their marginal tax rate is at basic, higher or additional rate) continues to report mortgage interest in the same way", I meant that there haven't been separate reporting systems introduced depending...
          03-06-2020, 11:13 AM
        • Interest expense on tax return - how to obtain?
          by leasee123
          I will be filling out a 2019/20 SA tax return (my first time!) and will need to declare the income from my buy to let property. The property is on a residential mortgage as it was my home but since last year I have let it out with my lender's permission. I was and continue to be a basic rate tax payer...
          02-06-2020, 15:01 PM
          by leasee123
          Thanks so much jpkeates for clearing that up. Just so I completely understand - say I left the property instead one day prior to the start of the let - i.e. 31st May, would I report the interest paid on the mortgage on 15th May or does it instead start from 15th June? I am pretty sure it is the former...
          03-06-2020, 11:12 AM
          by jpkeates
          If you're reporting on the cash basis, you record the costs as having been incurred when they happen.
          So no accrual is needed.

The exception to the costs being recorded as incurred is interest between when you moved out and when the first tenancy began.
          As you're working on...
          03-06-2020, 10:58 AM
          by leasee123
          Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. I am still confused however as to what interest to report in the tax return. The property was let for the first time last year say 1st June after having lived there myself for a number of years until end of April last year. My mortgage is paid monthly...
          03-06-2020, 10:54 AM
          by jpkeates
          Just for the avoidance of doubt, the way the interest is reported does actually change.

Allowable interest (while in the transition period) is recorded as such (in Box 26) and the restricted element goes in a separate entry (Residential finance costs not included in box 26).
          The allowable...
          03-06-2020, 10:52 AM
          by JamesHopeful
          To be clear, everyone (whether their marginal tax rate is at basic, higher or additional rate) continues to report mortgage interest in the same way, and it is treated in the same way for tax purposes. It is just that new way in which it is treated (as a tax reducer of 20% of the interest rather than...
          03-06-2020, 10:23 AM
          by jpkeates
          You can't use the calculation for an interest only mortgage on a repayment mortgage, it doesn't work the same way.

You claim the interest from the period prior to the first let as though it occurred on the first day of the first tenancy (which is when your business began).
          Same as...
          03-06-2020, 08:09 AM
        Working...
        X