Moving properties into Ltd Co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving properties into Ltd Co

I own a semi commercial property from which I run a business and rent to flat above. The outstanding mortgage is £70k.
    I wanted to pay off the £70k and then transfer the property into a limited company but I don't understand if I can transfer the property no outstanding mortgage balance.

I know that the Limited company has to buy the property at the market value but I can't get my head around the tax and transfer.

The original purchase price was £131k
    The current valuation is £140k

Currently in mine and my wifes name.

The property is registered under your name ( or with wife in joint name ) at Land Registry and your Mortgage Lender has registered a charge on the property title which means you cannot sell without paying off the loan.

When you pay £70K to the reduce the loan account to zero , you can ask the mortgage lender to remove the charge at Land Registry.

Then you are free to sell property to the company at £140K. ( probable company does not pay any sdlt , if starting level to pay is £150K for commercial property. ) .

In your next tax return , you + wife declare capital gains calculated at £140K - £131K = £9K or £4.5K each.

Since you can claim capital gains allowance of £11,500 , there is no tax to pay.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X