Will I be OK when the new tac changes come in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I be OK when the new tac changes come in ?

I currently earn £25000 from my job.I have 2 rental properties that bring in £12480 per year.I am thinking about buying another that would bring the total to £18720. £18720 plus £25000 is £43720. I'm I right in thinking as long as I am below the £46000 higher tax bracket I am OK and the new tax changes won't affect me ?

I think your assessed Tax Band is the key, not your Income, which can vary. eg Benefit in Kind, net profit from property etc
    Govt can easily alter qualifying Income.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Is it an allowable expense or capital expense
      by AndrewDod
      Can't see any reason this would be an insured event. Agree it is not a capital expense at all....
      25-05-2022, 09:25 AM
      by Another Fine Mess
      If you dont mind me suggesting, If your Insurance Company is rejecting your claim you could get in touch with a Chartered Loss Assessor who would argue with the Insurance Company Loss Adjuster, its worth a phone call to one.
      24-05-2022, 16:30 PM
    • Is it an allowable expense or capital expense
      by shipboard
      I rent out a single property, during the winter storms the brickwork was damaged and the cheapest option to repair it was to render the Gable end and rear of the property. I tried to claim on the insurance but they maintained it was due to wear and tear, I am of course disputing this. My question is...
      24-05-2022, 10:04 AM
      by gnvqsos
      I think the insurance company were right-the render must have been distressed to suffer storm damage. You can offset cost against income.
      24-05-2022, 14:36 PM
    • Reply to CGT query
      by Gordon999
      Hmrc rules allow transfers between spouses without cgt. The recipient spouse takes on the asset at the original purchase price.
      24-05-2022, 11:16 AM
      by Gordon999
      I agree with jpk : it is a maintenance expense which is claimed against rental income....
      24-05-2022, 11:12 AM
      by jpkeates
      I'd say that's a maintenance cost and would be allowed against income.
      It would affect the value of the property, but only to restore it to the level that it was at prior to the damage (plus the general positive effect of any large maintenance work).
      24-05-2022, 10:53 AM
    • Reply to CGT query
      by jpkeates
      What you are planning to do is routine and HMRC will accept the change as a matter of routine admin.
      24-05-2022, 09:13 AM
    • CGT query
      by vik238754
      Hello. Since 2013 my wife and I own a property as tenants in common where the beneficial interest split is 90% her and 10% me. We are now looking to sell the property. I have a large CGT loss and using the HMRC CGT calculator I have calculated that if I change the split to 70% me and 30% my wife...
      23-05-2022, 19:37 PM
    • Any property tax experts you can recommend please?
      by mpppen
      Hello,
      We have a small BTL portolio of five properties. Some are in our personal names and the latter ones in a property company we set up a few years' ago when the tax rules changed.

I'd really like to find someone who can advise us of the best way of either bringing the personal...
      03-03-2022, 20:00 PM
    Working...
    X