X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike_001
    started a topic Self assessment

Self assessment

Hi, I have been renting out a property for nearly 12months and I have to complete a self assessment for my earnings. I was told on the phone my HMRC to register online and I’d get a login code UTR. I’ve tried to login and I now need to wait for an activation code. What do I need to complete? I work full time and have received my P60. Once I’m on the self assessment site do I just complete an SA105 or does it just ask for my extra earnings from my property. I’m a complete newbie at self assessments so any help would be much appreciated.

• pebblepebble
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    You declare ALL income from ALL(**) sources and complete the SA online..

** All sources: Property, job, other work, boot sales, ebay, bank interest, share dividends, the lot. (No offense ,,,) but the the name of the tax is "income tax".
    Not necessarily - if you just have a clear out at home and sell at a boot sale or on Ebay then you don't have to declare that.

Leave a comment:

• tatemono
    replied
    Go online and search for the self assessment notes and paper form if you want to know what you’ll be doing when you get your log in details. That’ll give you a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    You declare ALL income from ALL(**) sources and complete the SA online..

** All sources: Property, job, other work, boot sales, ebay, bank interest, share dividends, the lot. (No offense ,,,) but the the name of the tax is "income tax".

Leave a comment:

• mike_001
    replied
    Thanks so I only add my income and expenses from my property and Is it simple to complete?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    When you complete the self assessment form you'll be asked for details of tax already deducted which you take from the P60.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X