Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment SA105 Form help

Hi
    Myself and my wife own two unfurnished UK BTL properties. I am documenting the expenditure I have made on a spreadsheet but want to record it in a format that makes it easier to complete my SA105 form.
    I have a few items that I am unsure into what boxes the expenses goes on the SA105 form.
    • Replacement of combi boiler (box 25 Property repairs & maintenance or 36 Cost of replacing domestic items)
    • Replacement blinds (box 25 or 36)
    • Replacement Carpets (box 25 or 36)
    • Utilities costs incurred during unrented period. Gas, electric, Water & Council tax
    • Costs of tenant / guarantor checks through open rent
    Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 25
    2 - 36
    3 - 36
    4 - 24 and 29 (I'd probably go for 24 myself, because council tax has to be there, and the rest are equivalent to rates).
    5 - 29

You're not going to get penalised for putting things in the wrong box - they're all treated the same way, so putting them in the box is (essentially) just a way to allow HMRC to break down and analyse the data to look for anomalies.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Cheers thank you for your help

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X