How many years self assessments to apply for mortgage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many years self assessments to apply for mortgage?

Hi all

how many years self assessment returns do I need for them to count as income on a mortgage application please?

wasnt sure which forum to put this in

You have to ask the Mortgage lender before you decide to apply. They may require certification by accountant instead.

When trading companies apply to the banks for loan, they are usually required to show last 3 years audited accounts.

Comment

Hi bhodgkiss
      It depends on how long you have owned property as an investment but normally lenders like to see at the very least the last two years Self Assessments supported by either the corresponding SA302 RO Tax Overview, clearly if you have only been doing it for under the two years then 1 year will be sufficient: If you have more than 3 mortgaged properties you will be expected to provide a myriad of supporting documents given that this type of investor falls under the new PRA rules , please refer to my post of 72 hours ago on this matter. Crucial in any submissions is the production of Bank Statements showing receipt of the rental as well as the payment of the associated mortgages.

Comment

It would actually be for applying for a remortgage on my main residential property (and releasing equity)
        The more I can show I earn the bigger equity release I can do
        So alongwith my main job, i should also be able to show two years self assessment tax returns as additional income?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Buying new commercial, set up Ltd co?
          multipropertyguy
          I own a number of properties, earn over the 40% threshold, trade as a private individual and do a self assessment return each year for Land & Property.

Now, I'm looking at a new property, but commercial this time, I'm 50/50 about setting up a Ltd company to purchase the new property...
          11-07-2018, 13:17 PM
        • Reply to Buying new commercial, set up Ltd co?
          loanarranger
          A limited company doesn’t have to have been operating before you buy your first property within it, indeed many lenders will use your personal involvement in Property as a measure of credibility.
          If you decide to include your children , are they over 17 years of age and what percentage will...
          11-07-2018, 20:04 PM
        • Capital gains sale
          leehen
          Hello

Wonder if you can help.

I own a currently rented out property and looking to sell.

Its a little confusing hence my question.

So to run down a timeline

March 14 - bought the flat on a shared ownership basis - 50% of full value of...
          07-07-2018, 20:10 PM
        • Reply to Capital gains sale
          Gordon999
          Your total buying cost = GBP 163K . So if you sell at 280K , then your total gain = 280K-163K = GBP 117K .

Your total period of ownership from Mar 14 to Sept 2018 = 4 years + 6 Months = 4.5 years..

Your period of former main residence = March 14 -April 16 + 18 Months from...
          09-07-2018, 19:48 PM
          leehen
          Hi
          Thanks for your reply
          Estimated sale price is 280,000.
          Thanks
          Lee
          09-07-2018, 18:14 PM
          Gordon999
          What is the estimated asking price / sale value in Jul 2018 ?
          08-07-2018, 18:52 PM
        • Joint Tennant implications for non married ownership
          Berkshire45
          hello I am hoping that someone knows about the complex situation where 2 non related and non married people own a property. the question is about CGT as the property is not rented currently.

2 people are listed on a property title deeds, person 1 is not receiving any benefits from the...
          01-07-2018, 08:14 AM
        • Reply to Joint Tennant implications for non married ownership
          Gordon999
          Berkshire 45 ,

Here are my comments :

1. The caital gains tax is Nil % rate for capital gain acquired during the period of owner occupier whilst the non-occupier can be charged tax at 18 % or 28%.on balance after deducting the free allowance.of GBP 11.5K

So when...
          08-07-2018, 08:21 AM
        • Claiming for Travel and Subsistence Costs
          Martin Purches
          Hi - I'm a new member so forgive me for asking a question which I'm sure has come up before.

I own buy to let holiday lets which are 200 miles from my home. When I travel to them for maintenance/inspections etc I claim the mileage (45ppm plus 5ppp passenger).

I'm unclear though...
          01-06-2018, 08:20 AM
        • Reply to Claiming for Travel and Subsistence Costs
          bhodgkiss
          Exactly DPT57, it does make it pointless, unless youre in the 40% tax bracket and your partner owns the holiday let and is in the 20% bracket?
          Also its not actually clear whats going on - the OP travels 200 miles from his main home to do repair work, so how then does he repair the main home at...
          05-07-2018, 12:44 PM
        Working...
        X