How many years self assessments to apply for mortgage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many years self assessments to apply for mortgage?

Hi all

how many years self assessment returns do I need for them to count as income on a mortgage application please?

wasnt sure which forum to put this in

You have to ask the Mortgage lender before you decide to apply. They may require certification by accountant instead.

When trading companies apply to the banks for loan, they are usually required to show last 3 years audited accounts.

Comment

Hi bhodgkiss
      It depends on how long you have owned property as an investment but normally lenders like to see at the very least the last two years Self Assessments supported by either the corresponding SA302 RO Tax Overview, clearly if you have only been doing it for under the two years then 1 year will be sufficient: If you have more than 3 mortgaged properties you will be expected to provide a myriad of supporting documents given that this type of investor falls under the new PRA rules , please refer to my post of 72 hours ago on this matter. Crucial in any submissions is the production of Bank Statements showing receipt of the rental as well as the payment of the associated mortgages.

Comment

It would actually be for applying for a remortgage on my main residential property (and releasing equity)
        The more I can show I earn the bigger equity release I can do
        So alongwith my main job, i should also be able to show two years self assessment tax returns as additional income?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Transfer to Ltd Company & SDLT
          AJ1
          Afternoon All,

After much help from reading this forum I finally have question.

I am just in the process of completing the transfer of my BTL into a ltd company.

My solicitor has settled my personal mortgage and then taken out the new mortgage in the name of the...
          17-01-2018, 14:35 PM
        • Reply to Transfer to Ltd Company & SDLT
          AJ1
          No CGT as I lived in the property for a fair amount of time myself. Thanks, SDLT paid. Now in a Ltd company. Thanks for all advice.
          18-01-2018, 15:09 PM
          loanarranger
          This is not a transfer but a sale and purchase , On a personal basis there is the issue of CGT and for the Ltd co it is unfortunately a case where SDLT becomes payable . .
          18-01-2018, 09:02 AM
          MisterB
          I assume you have good reasons for transfer to a ltd company that far outweigh other issues? have you considered establishing a partnership and THEN moving to a ltd company? the reason I ask is because I am also considering it and will be booking an appointment with a recommended advisor in the near...
          18-01-2018, 08:16 AM
          AndrewDod
          As far as I know the accountant is right. This is a sale to a separate party (the company) of the whole. It is NOT a gift of the whole to the company (as in a gift to another party) in which case the solicitor advice would apply. A gift without a mortgage to a person would have no SDLT. I doubt you...
          17-01-2018, 20:38 PM
          AJ1
          Thank you, solicitors just confirmed its market value... damm. Never mind. Although I budgeted the SDLT anyway. Thank you again.
          17-01-2018, 15:35 PM
          KTC
          Whichever you go with, make sure they both have adequate professional indemnity insurance in place.

Market value. (s53 Finance Act 2003)
          17-01-2018, 15:12 PM
        • VAT on professional fees - commercial to residential planning application
          Dan_Manchester
          Evening all,

We have recently submitted a planning application to convert a small commercial unit in a couple of new apartments. As I understand it the building work will be zero-rated for VAT as we are creating dwellings were none were previously.

The planners have requested...
          16-01-2018, 20:20 PM
        • Short tax return
          samsam
          I have one letting property. I have always used a short tax return which has been fine for giving totals of rent and costs inc mortgage interest. Now that the allowance for mortgage interest is reducing by 25% every year how do I show the figures? Whichever tax return I use, do I do the calculations...
          16-01-2018, 14:40 PM
        • Reply to Short tax return
          theartfullodger
          Apologies, I failed to include Theresa's link:
          https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rn-notes-sa210

Just done my draft submission: In a state of shock regarding estimated payment required 31/01/2018.
          16-01-2018, 16:26 PM
        Working...
        X