That time of year ,,,,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year ,,,,

its that time of year that I submit our tax returns (yes I know I should do it sooner !!) our profits aren't massive but since my wife has stopped working we can at least claim her full allowance due to a 99/1% split, properly notified etc a couple of years ago.

t still leaves us with a tax bill (this year around 1k) but next year probably closer to 4 or 5k, unless we invest in more property and renovations (required works not improvements ...) can anyone recommend any good guides to utilising a private pension scheme that would reduce the tax burden, she is 57 and doesn't have a company or private pension.

I don't think pensions can invest in residential property, but commercial or agricultural is OK.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

thanks but I was thinking more along the lines of her investing in a private pension scheme to bring the burden down and to gain some additional benefit in doing so (in later years if necessary)

Comment

Have you seen this stuff on gov.uk website :?

https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-your-priva...ion-tax-relief

May be a magazine from WH Smiths can help you ?

Comment

ive just ordered a couple of tax café books, thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X