Tax relief Agents Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax relief Agents Fees

New landlord. Doing online self assessment. Form says I can claim Agent Fees against, but the form does not deduct the amount I enter from 'profit' . What am I doing wrong please?

Are you using the SA105 Tax Return for reporting property income ?

Comment

On line Self Assessment SA302 I think it says

Comment

Think I've sussed it!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Can you claim expenses for furniture ?
          craig2222
          I am renting my house furnished.Can I claim the expenses on my tax return whatever I spend on furniture ? Thanks...
          05-10-2018, 20:16 PM
        • Reply to Can you claim expenses for furniture ?
          tatemono
          According to the guide I linked to, they are:...
          18-10-2018, 09:15 AM
        • Boiler repair before first tenancy
          Pandy7370
          Hi,

We have recently relocated to a new main residence and have let out our previous house/home.

The boiler in the house was old and had become very temperamental, and whilst we put up with luke warm water intermittently when we lived there it clearly wouldn’t be acceptable...
          17-10-2018, 15:43 PM
        • Reply to Boiler repair before first tenancy
          jpkeates
          Strictly speaking it fails the test.

What I would do personally is claim it and deduct £200 for the use you had of it. You date the expense the first day of the first tenancy and hope nobody even looks at it.

Don’t mention the deduction, just put the figure on the return....
          17-10-2018, 17:25 PM
        • Reply to Can you claim expenses for furniture ?
          DPT57
          I don't think that the initial cost of furnishing a rental property is claimable against CGT. I think its only replacements against revenue income.
          17-10-2018, 10:01 AM
        • Expenses
          jase222
          I have recently purchased a e bike, I wanted to know if I could claim it as a capital expense or claim 20p a mile or is it not a done thing
          Cheers...
          13-10-2018, 16:34 PM
        • Reply to Expenses
          jpkeates
          You have purchased an e-bike solely and exclusively for your property investment business?
          14-10-2018, 12:51 PM
        • expenses claim
          DanandSarah
          Hi everyone. new here and a new landlord!

I work full time and do regular overtime. after saving i've managed to get as deposit together for a buy to let as an investment.

i have a weird question about expenses tho.

if in the first year if my property hasn't broken...
          12-10-2018, 16:37 PM
        • Reply to expenses claim
          jpkeates
          HMRC will have told you what return(s) they require when you told them that you had begun your new business as a landlord.
          14-10-2018, 12:50 PM
        • Reply to expenses claim
          catdog1121
          Note though you can only claim losses against future profits from your property rental business (is it a business or investment, debatable).

Be aware also if your tax bill is more than I think £4k then you are asked to pay last years as well as half of next years which can be a big old...
          13-10-2018, 20:48 PM
        Working...
        X