Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    Faecal contaminants in ice cubes are probably the least of your problems in fast food outlets. If you knew what goes into some of the food you would not touch it, let alone eat it.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Freezing bacteria doesn't often kill them, cooking them has a better kill rate.
    Essentially, people need to wash their hands properly and they don't.

You're meant to wash them while you sing happy birthday twice (slowly) so you do it long enough.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    And its also the same hands which handle the burgers etc.

Leave a comment:

• emwithme
    replied
    I worked in McDonalds and various pubs while doing my A Levels/taking my gap year.

I still eat in McDonalds (and drink in various pubs, although not the ones I worked in!).

I DO NOT have ice in drinks anywhere (except home, and I wash the ice trays frequently!) All I can think of when I think of ice in drinks is what happened to the scoops (they were inevitably dropped on the floors, kicked about, and then just put back in the ice maker to be used again) or the lovely pink fuzzy mould that grew around the openings.

I was not surprised by this report (or the similar one about coffee shops from a couple of weeks ago).

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    started a topic Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?

Ice served in drinks is not very nice. ?

The Daily Mail Newspaper ( 19 July 2017 ) reported " the ice served by some leading fast food chains in their soft drinks is contaminated by faecal bacteria, it has been revealed "

The contamination is likely to have occurred because the ice or ice-making machines have been touched by staff who have not washed their hand thoroughly after going to the toilet.

The coliforms were found in samples of ice from KFC, Burger King and MacDonalds.

Its better not to buy any cold drinks to avoid the contamination. Right ?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X