Bank of England interest rates- down they go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izzycam
    replied
    The mood I'm in today, I couldn't give a monkey's,

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
    My guess is a 0.5% drop.
    It doesn't seem to be making any difference whatever the rate is for buy to let mortgages.
    The relationship between the official rate and commercial rates have completley broken down.
    Careful Izzy, have you any idea just what could happen to you if the thought police pick up on this ?

Before the end of your potential upcoming lecture(!) this thought will have manifested itself into millions of pounds of counterfeit cash, which you will be imprisoned for a very long time for, and to suggest such a thing on a public forum ?
    Are you mad ?
    The arrest squad is no doubt already on it's way

Leave a comment:

• Sorrel
    replied
    And they're going to print money! I wonder if I could learn how to print money, every time I get in trouble
    Just go North of the Border you can knock out any old notes to pass off as fivers

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    And they're going to print money! I wonder if I could learn how to print money, every time I get in trouble
    No, of course they're not. They told us that it's just a bit of 'Quantative Easing'- so that's alright, then, is it?

Leave a comment:

• Gigabyte
    replied
    mildly so.

of course being english I will just complain and whine on here and send a few angry emails and then make myself some tea and watch deal or no deal.

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    0.5%.....god help the savers!

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    So, from a slight hint in your post, do we take it that you're not wildly enthusiastic then?

Leave a comment:

• Gigabyte
    replied
    Another rates cut!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY does the GVT continue to F*** things up for everyone!

okay another rates cut, so instantly im getting paid bugger all on my savings, and yet credit facility interest stays the same or goes up!! what a complete waste of time way to punish those who haven't been stupid enough to enter into a complex financial agreement or taken gotten involved in credit default swaps AAAAGGGGHH

the banks are never going to lend the cash that the govt (US) have given them because the business's that need the cash are seen as a big risk because the money has been given to the banks and not the small business's!!!! its a vicious cycle.

they keep telling us they cant let the banks fail, okay so not all of them but bloody RBS they can, they employ what? around 170,000 people, give it 6 months when we have NO high street, NO manufacturing, NO industry, NO services and they will realise they should have just let RBS go bust and risen a proper small mutual bank from the ashes along the lines of Nationwide. The US should do the same thing for AIG, how much more cash can they continue to chuck into it, it will be endless and for what end?

The only way to get out of it, it to actually give us, as a big bunch of consumers some cold hard cash, we all might aswell spend it as interest is so crap theres no point in saving it. High St Vouchers or food vouchers or cash to scrap your old car and money towards a new one like in Germany SOMETHING FOR CONSUMERS AND NOT BLOODY BANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    My guess is a 0.5% drop.
    It doesn't seem to be making any difference whatever the rate is for buy to let mortgages.
    The relationship between the official rate and commercial rates have completley broken down.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Cut it by 2%? Who can control any financial levers at present?

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    Boe Interest March decison

Time once again (Thursday 5/3) for a decision from BoE on the Int rate
    What are you people thinking ?

I think 0.5% cut to 0.5.

Thoughts ?

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    yeh...a hell of a difference,

Leave a comment:

• Edinburgh29
    replied
    Originally posted by DanAronG
    5.75% according to their website.
    can you post a link ? is there a difference between BTL And Main Residence Rate.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Edinburgh29 View Post
    Yes but do you know what percentage rate they currently are charging for borrowers who are on there SVR. ?
    No. Sorry- I thought that your post #52 was merely asking what "GMAC SVR" is (= means)!

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X