Channel 5: Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 5: Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords

Has anyone been watching this?: http://www.channel5.com/shows/nightm.../episode-3-708

Hasn't Mr Shamplina heard of section 21 evictions?

All these seemed to be section 8 evictions, which of course the tenant was able to counter by imagining she had a problem with her boiler.

Been watching!

How about the tenant in the first part who hadn't paid rent for 18 months, but was still living in a bed bug infested hole? You think she would have saved that money and got out of there asap! She ended up in emergency accommodation. I did feel sorry for her, but wtf????

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
      Been watching!

How about the tenant in the first part who hadn't paid rent for 18 months, but was still living in a bed bug infested hole? You think she would have saved that money and got out of there asap! She ended up in emergency accommodation. I did feel sorry for her, but wtf????
      I wonder how much of the problem had been caused by the tenant herself. The place looked full of junk just like my Bambi flat, and I bet she never opened the windows.
      Last edited by JK0; 02-07-2015, 11:19 AM. Reason: Can't do with another accusation of racism.

Comment

Exactly what I thought. It was packed to the rafters!

Comment

Anyone watching this tonight?

What sort of a halfwit lets an agent continue collecting rent from her tenants if he is not passing it on to her?

Comment

Quite so JKO - it made me shout at the telly! This is the trouble with 'set up' items onTV progs they give others totally the wrong information in order to make a programme. Owed £20K - I would have stopped that agent in his tracks pronto!

Mr Shamplina comes over as a thick, mini thug - such is the power of TV. I won't be hurrying to instruct him.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I agree - I would have sacked the agent after one or maybe 2 months missed - why let it climb to 20K?
              Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I watched this. I couldn't muster up much sympathy for the female Landlord who claimed she was owed £20,000. I much more thought - "what an idiot" - and when she put the sandwich board on, I thought - "loser". She still drives a Mercedes, though, so times aren't that bad.

Comment

Just been watching tonight's programme.

Why did the woman with the PT Cruiser rent two properties at once using the same name? Surely she wouldn't be able to get benefits to pay for both?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                    Just been watching tonight's programme.

Why did the woman with the PT Cruiser rent two properties at once using the same name? Surely she wouldn't be able to get benefits to pay for both?
                    I didn't think she was on benefits. Didn't she mention about working in 'film'? Just assumed by that comment and taking all the other things into consideration, that she was probably up to naughty stuff!

I really felt the massive relief of the 2nd landlord when she went in and realised that she had her property back. Know that feeling well!

Comment

Eviction for Cheryl from Relevant Property Management. SHEA SHOW

This might interest you guys. In Detroit it is necessary to remove the hot water tank & boiler when you evict a tenant lest someone breaks in and steals them.

Comment

...And there's me thinking all America is like Wives of Orange County!

There are plenty of places in the UK where you need to do same. Homes Under the Hammer often feature similar stripped properties. I've even had a couple on my plot.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks Interlaken. Watching the next video in the series I realised what the 'dumpsters' were there for. It seems that the bailiffs empty all the tenant's belongings into the dumpster, and then the tenant has 24 hours to salvage anything they want to keep, before the dumpster company come to take the whole lot to the tip.

That'd be a brilliant service if they offered it in the UK. It took my tenants 3 weeks to remove all their belongings, and then I had a lot of rubbish to pay the council to remove.

Comment

I'm going to stick up for Paul shampolina as he's written some really brilliant articles for landlords in the past,give him a break, We all know it's a bloody nightmare to get these tenants out. For the record I wanted to twist that woman with the cruiser car's neck, then drag her to the nearest dumpster where I would stamp on her big smug face until she yelled sorry,then leave her there for dead...... But I may be a little bitter! Ha! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                              Thanks Interlaken. Watching the next video in the series I realised what the 'dumpsters' were there for. It seems that the bailiffs empty all the tenant's belongings into the dumpster, and then the tenant has 24 hours to salvage anything they want to keep, before the dumpster company come to take the whole lot to the tip.

That'd be a brilliant service if they offered it in the UK. It took my tenants 3 weeks to remove all their belongings, and then I had a lot of rubbish to pay the council to remove.
                              ohh, I didn't realise that was what the dumpster was for. I have a tenant right now, who looks to have done a runner, the only problem being she has left roughly 5 large skips worth.I wonder if the council will mind if I just leave the
                              skips on the side of the road, in case she decides to come back. Or will I have to rent some storage facility to store her stuff, only joking!! thinking about is though a storage facility is more expensive to rent than my house. oh jesus! what a conundrum! He! He!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X