Why will no white male landlords accept DSS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David24 View Post
    lol are you guys really anti-Muslim?

We need religion whether you atheists like it or not.
    David24, you have no idea of the religious/moral/ethical beliefs of the forum membership, just as you have no idea of the ethnic origins of the forum membership.

If you keep making broad-brush provocative statements like those quoted above I will come to the conclusion that you are only here to cause problems, a ‘troll’ as some have suggested, and I will end your membership and lock the thread. If you want to continue having this discussion, stop pointing the finger.
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

I consider myself to be an optimistic agnostic.
      I don't really believe in (any) God. However I do hope that if I appear at the pearly gates (other locations available) the chap with the book will accept my excuses of being misled during RE at school and the local church of my childhood being as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
      As for the OP's question, I think that regardless of colour, religion, favourite food etc, a private landlord is running a commercial business. They have no duty of care (in social welfare terms) to support society as a whole. This is why RSL's and local authorities excel in the social welfare market and are far better geared up to work with that client group. If the OP wants a property, and wants the state to pay for it, choice will be limited - by definition. Quite simply, you're looking in the wrong place. The state will pay for a house suitable for your needs, not your wants. That might mean a smaller, less opulent flat/bedsit, and not the semi-detached house of your dreams. If you want that, get a job.
      I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

Us anti moslim! Next you'll say we were accusing them of wanting the air con off or not eating at council meetings in ramadan.....oh wait.

we are all up for a sensible debate, and in this case if a landlord wants to accept a deposit and not the first months rent in advance that's his choice and we can debate that.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wannadonnadoodah View Post
          How do you work that one out? Mr Singh is a Hindu.
          I thought he was a Sikh.

As for how it was worked out - several people have stated they are against the belief in a God, which makes them anti-Muslim as well as anti-Christian and anti-Hindu. Of course that does not apply to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
            David24, you have no idea of the religious/moral/ethical beliefs of the forum membership, just as you have no idea of the ethnic origins of the forum membership.

If you keep making broad-brush provocative statements like those quoted above I will come to the conclusion that you are only here to cause problems, a ‘troll’ as some have suggested, and I will end your membership and lock the thread. If you want to continue having this discussion, stop pointing the finger.
            But posters were making a thinly-veiled mockery of Islam. Unless you missed posts 111 and 113. I was simply responding in kind to the atheists. If I am allowed, i am prepared to back up anything I say regarding the atheists and evolutionists, or secular humanists or whatever they want to label themselves. But of course, that would be going off topic, or maybe that is a discussion for another thread? So I have no problem keeping the discussion relevant to my thread. No problem at all. I would just ask that the Darwinists do the same.

Now for me, tying religion into this discussion is not entirely inappropriate for the sole reason that religious people are more likely to tap into their compassion before such a decision as evicting a tenant. It's not hard for an atheistic, capitalist, student of the robber barons landlord to turf a single mother with kids out on the streets, because she didn't 'pay up', everything to him is in interest of serving the economy, and lining his own pockets. For a devout Muslim, or a devout Christian landlord it is not so easy because of what his Scripture, and his prophets teaches him.

Comment

But posters were making a thinly-veiled mockery of Islam. Unless you missed posts 111 and 113..
              No they were not. If you knew anything about Pastafarism, you would know what they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post

we are all up for a sensible debate, and in this case if a landlord wants to accept a deposit and not the first months rent in advance that's his choice and we can debate that.
                Okay, lets discuss that then. How come many Sikh and Muslim landlords let out houses for years and years accepting only a deposit and/or first month rent in advance, and they don't encounter too many problems, or anything that is enough of a problem to stop them from doing it. But yet the other other landlords (white landlords for the benefit of the thread) who don't let through agencies need so many stipulations before they will hand over the keys to the benefits tenant. How can all these guys have had problems with DSS tenant, but the Asian guys have not? As any potential hiccups that involve letting to benefits tenant (such as delayed claim) would surely apply to these landlords as well.

Comment

For a devout Muslim, or a devout Christian landlord it is not so easy because of what his Scripture, and his prophets teaches him.
                  I've not read the scriptures or had teaching from prophets so I am not enlightened as to what they say regarding home ownership and letting to others. Could you quote a few paragraphs from each on the subject? It must mention something about finding the most needy tenant, not performing any checks on them and then allowing them to remain in the property if they don't pay rent.
                  "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

David24, please read the forum rules if you have not already done so and pay particular attention to;

“7. Be civil – watch your language and do not insult or antagonise other Members.”

“17. Watch your sense of humour and comments that could be discriminatory - posts are read by people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and ages.

18. Avoid generalisations (stereotyping) of particular groups of people relating to their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, occupations or roles such as landlords, agents, tenants, where they were born or where they live, to name but a few. This can cause offence and may be illegal.”

“27. Please inform the moderators by clicking the "report" triangle if you spot any violations of the rules.”

I have applied some leeway with regard to this thread and apart from my comments here so far all I have done is move the thread from the regular forums to TAB.

I have received just one complaint which was answered within this thread.

Try to stick within the rules quoted above and the discussion can continue, and of course those rules apply to everyone.
                    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

and they don't encounter too many problems, or anything that is enough of a problem to stop them from doing it.
                      Just more generalised, race based bullcrap. How do you know they don't have problems? You're away with fairies.
                      "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

I've not read the scriptures or had teaching from prophets so I am not enlightened as to what they say regarding home ownership and letting to others.
                        It's all in "Houses under the hammer" and "Under offer: Estate agents on the job", the scriptures made into easy-watching films.

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
                          It's all in "Houses under the hammer" and "Under offer: Estate agents on the job", the scriptures made into easy-watching films.
                          Location, Location, Location with Kirsty and Phil aswell?

Comment

Location, Location, Location with Kirsty and Phil aswell?
                            Ah I knew I was forgetting one!
                            As said I'm not the religious type.

Comment

I will ask again, can the moderator lock this thread, as it is now -------------

A good landlord can only be one who has a passionate and religious background, and ONLY none whites make good landlords.

I find Davids comments RACIST against the indigenous white people of Great Britain.

R.a.M.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
                                I will ask again, can the moderator lock this thread, as it is now -------------

A good landlord can only be one who has a passionate and religious background, and ONLY none whites make good landlords.

I find Davids comments RACIST against the indigenous white people of Great Britain.

R.a.M.
                                He says white males though RAM, not all whites.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X