Bl**dy E.ON's energy saving tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bl**dy E.ON's energy saving tips

Why are tenants always making their homes mouldy by drying washing indoors?

Presumably they've been reading idiotic tips from the likes of E.ON:

https://www.facebook.com/EonEnergyUk...75065925925382

During winter, use a clothes horse and hang in front of a radiator – it will save you a fortune.”
    I don't use facebook, so can't write back and tell them how stupid that is. Maybe if any Landlordzone members are, they can do it for me.

its not bad advice- its stupid people that think that houses must be hermetically sealed in winter and stick furniture snugly into corners and never dust behind them.

Though I have had years of cursing having the house at 60+ and "wear clothes girls" has lead to no such problems and far healthier people.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

During the winter, I always dry my washing in front of a radiator. I've got a washer/dryer, but prefer to air dry.

My house is not mouldy. The mould is caused by the reasons stated by LHA.

Comment

http://www.fishtank.org.uk/humour/hu...3?articleid=61

SAVE electricity by turning off all the lights in your house and walking around wearing a miner's hat.

Comment

Don't wear clothes in doors, you can wear everything twice and halve your washing. :O
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
            During the winter, I always dry my washing in front of a radiator. I've got a washer/dryer, but prefer to air dry.

My house is not mouldy. The mould is caused by the reasons stated by LHA.
            bacteria is everywhere. It feeds on moisture and the protein in dust, made up, mostly of bits we scratch off.
            this makes the mould.
            that's ruined your lunch

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
              bacteria is everywhere.
              I know.

I must buy some of that washing powder to get rid of the bacteria on our clothes, otherwise I might catch salmonella off Marsy's socks.

Comment

Mr SmartyPants tells me that mould is a fungus.

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
                  Mr SmartyPants tells me that mould is a fungus.
                  So does my Mr SmartyPants.

Comment

Mr Smartypants needs to read on and see that fungi and moulds are the same organisms.

Comment

Well, thank you for your comments guys. Tenants dust behind furniture? That'll be the day.

You and I know very well that tenants from the continent I'm not allowed to mention find it cold in the UK and never open a window. My properties can just about cope with that with the trickle vents and extractor fans.

However, it is stupid to advise such a tenant to dry his washing indoors.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X